View Poll Results: Best Brand for me
Polaris 800 EFI 43 20.28%
Honda 680 80 37.74%
Arctic Cat 10 4.72%
Suzuki King Quad 13 6.13%
Yamaha Grizzly 66 31.13%
Voters: 212. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #121
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Grizzly
Attached Thumbnails
Poll: Most Reliable and Best Utility ATV   " For My Described Use "-2012-09-04-11.08.48.jpg  
Old 02-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #122
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody mentioned this one... Kymco 500 its like 70 series LandCruiser in ATV world. Build simple, lasts and its sold and popular everywhere except US.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #123
GhostDog86 will become famous soon enough

Name: Max
GhostDog86's Tacoma Gallery
Iv had Yamaha, Polaris and currently arctic cat. Mechanically the Yamaha is stout and honestly my dads 2001 big bear is still chugging along. But iv never had good luck with the plastics especially in cold weather. The Polaris is awesome but iv been having trouble with the tranny. The arctic cat has a simple no frills get shit done look imo. it neen reliable and really enjoyable the only thing I don't like is the cv boots are like a magnet to every stick.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #124
Long Time Lurker
RCOTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Dalton
RCOTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Although the Rincon 680 has the most votes in the poll, I would advise against it. I love Honda fourwheelers, and have an 09 Rancher 420 myself, I have to tell you that for hauling a 1000 pound trailer, the Rincon is gonna suck. Honda geared the Rincon WAYYYY to high, especially compared to other Hondas, so it has no torque. This is gonna make it a nightmare hauling a trailer on anything more than pavement. I would actually say look into the Polaris 550. They are the little brother of the 850 XP, and they are made well. They have way more horsepower than the Rincon, and while that may not be very important as far as speed is concerned, with a Low range, it will turn that power into torque needed for hauling.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #125
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
I know a guy that has his own power sports repair shop. Very respectable and well liked successfull guy. He says Honda hands down. "Polaris's keep him busy". I've always been a Honda guy and his words only confirm my sentiment. To each their own. Somebody will have a horror story about every brand and model. They are all good machines but the human variable determines alot about how well they hold up.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:35 AM   #126
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2ryde View Post
I know a guy that has his own power sports repair shop. Very respectable and well liked successfull guy. He says Honda hands down. "Polaris's keep him busy". I've always been a Honda guy and his words only confirm my sentiment. To each their own. Somebody will have a horror story about every brand and model. They are all good machines but the human variable determines alot about how well they hold up.
I heard the same thing about Polaris. Can-Ams apaprently have massive problems too. Arctic Cat was way to expensive for me, so was Honda. I dont like paying extra for a name brand.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #127
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Cant go wrong with a Yamaha Grizzly. My wife had a 450. I think I rode more than she did. Zero problems. Even after rolling it down the mountain side.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #128
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Cant go wrong with a Yamaha Grizzly. My wife had a 450. I think I rode more than she did. Zero problems. Even after rolling it down the mountain side.
HECK yea grizzly FTW
Old 09-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #129
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
I myself plan on getting a suzuki king quad 500 someday. But I will get it mainly for trail riding. But way in the future, my girlfriend and I would like to have horses so I would probably put it to work. I'm not very good with info about ATVs, but I really like the king quads. My girlfriend's uncle has one and he loves it and the looks of them are good. Looks aren't the main thing, but still. Plus I've been reading specs and reviews and haven't heard a bad thing about one.
Old 09-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #130
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Honda Yamaha or Kawasaki, maybe suzuki

Never been a big fan of Polaris ATVs, we had one and I had problems with it. Though I liked my RMK800.

Arctic Cat I just don't know.

That's just my opinions based off a little exposure to quads/experience.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #131
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thread revive! Been curious myself, but my options are a honda foreman 500 or suzuki king quad 500. Idk what's best because it will be my first own ATV. What are the ups and downs of both? Which do you think is most reliable?
Old 10-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #132
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Thread revive! Been curious myself, but my options are a honda foreman 500 or suzuki king quad 500. Idk what's best because it will be my first own ATV. What are the ups and downs of both? Which do you think is most reliable?
Iíd say the honda will be more reliable. i donít know many people with Suzuki atvs, but the few i do know that have had them had problems all the time it seamed like.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #133
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
I’d say the honda will be more reliable. i don’t know many people with Suzuki atvs, but the few i do know that have had them had problems all the time it seamed like.
Oh. Well my girlfriend's uncle has one and I like it a lot. I haven't heard many issues with suzuki, but I have heard some. I've heard suzuki has a little more features. Unless they updated them the past couple years. But our friends bought a used 2007 honda 420 and it still runs like new. I guess it will have to come down to test drive and what feels better.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #134
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
Any other input?
Old 10-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #135
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Honda. I think the foremans are fuel inected and have ps now bit still have rear drum brakes (suck) and straight rear axle.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:19 PM   #136
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
Honda. I think the foremans are fuel inected and have ps now bit still have rear drum brakes (suck) and straight rear axle.
As long as they stop the ATV well, good enough brakes for me. Disks are better though.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #138
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rubicon is selectable esp and automatic with a low gear. Hinestly id go with footshift manual but im simple.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #139
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
Rubicon is selectable esp and automatic with a low gear. Hinestly id go with footshift manual but im simple.
So the rubicon is automatic and the foreman is manual foot/electric shift only?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #140

Yes. Im not quite up to date on em anymore they may have an option of ps or it could be standard. Look on Hondas website.