Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Honda Foreman squeek!

Old 08-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #1
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Honda Foreman squeek!

I have a 2003 Honda Foreman S 4x4 with 1400 miles. I have a front end squeek and can't find where it is coming from. I know what side it's coming from but can't determine if it's from the shock, bushing in the a-arm, or elsewhere. The sound drives me nuts and just spraying Armor-All on everything rubber in that area doesn't help. If someone here has had a similar problem and found out what it was and how you fixed it please share your info.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest just taking it apart and greasing your bearings. Its probably time for that anyway.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Its probably the Brakes. The front and back are drum and one little piece of sand in there will cause that squeek.. I have an 02 foreman ES and I get the same thing...very irratating to say the least. Go thru some deep water, or a big mud hole - that usually is how I solve my problem. Riding the front brakes alittle bit or a quick stop helps sometimes too. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
If it is the brakes, just inspect the pads. Im not a quad person by any means, and have never worked on a utility. But i know my way around a bike quite well...
Old 08-20-2008, 11:00 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
if it turns out to not be the brakes squeaking.,..........spray some pb blaster on the shocks, and on the a-arm bushings and let it soak in the bushings sleeves. should do the trick. if you dont wanna use pb blaster.....get some good silicone spray........dont use wd-40.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Its the shocks...Same thing happened to my ridin buddy...He greased the hell out of them....worked like a charm...

I think he used haynes spray...

Same bike as yours too...Must be a honda thing...
Old 11-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
It's the shocks.
I had the same problem.
Took them off the bike, sprayed them with WD-40 even turned them upside down and sprayed down the tube.

Much better
Old 12-15-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
PaulVthe3 will become famous soon enoughPaulVthe3 will become famous soon enough

PaulVthe3's Tacoma Gallery
sweet! My lifted rancher does the same thing my daughter calls it squeaker!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
Should have taken tacomaman's advice an not used WD-40, the squeek is comming back on my Foreman.
Will have to find some PB blaster and try that
Old 10-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Should have taken tacomaman's advice an not used WD-40, the squeek is comming back on my Foreman.
Will have to find some PB blaster and try that
be sure to pressure wash it good first......or the dirt/dust will stay trapped in there.