Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

planning a ATV trip...

Old 01-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
planning a ATV trip...

my buddies and i go on a trip every year and the past 3 trips we've ridden black mountain in KY, we were planning on heading down to hatfield McCoy this year but after seeing they're not open for night riding is kind of pushing us away, any recomendations? it's gonna be a 3 day trip so we need at least 100mi of trails within 6hrs of columbus OH

anyone?
Old 01-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

well looks like we're gonna head up to michigan and give it a try, there's 3k miles of trails up there so that should keep us buisy for 3 days
Old 01-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Silver lake is awesome! Wayne national forest has some nice trail heads but probly wouldnt be enough to keep you busy for 3 days. I went to Brimstone in tennessee last fall and it was pretty cool if you ride a ute or side by side. I ride a sport quad and some of the mudholes almost swallowed my poor quad! If you ride a straight axle sport quad forget about Brimstone! Hatfield Mccoy is awesome but the no night riding is a bummer. There are lots of local trails that you can ride at night though. Plus you can ride your quad on the roads threw town and stuff. It's pretty cool down there.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
Silver lake is awesome! Wayne national forest has some nice trail heads but probly wouldnt be enough to keep you busy for 3 days. I went to Brimstone in tennessee last fall and it was pretty cool if you ride a ute or side by side. I ride a sport quad and some of the mudholes almost swallowed my poor quad! If you ride a straight axle sport quad forget about Brimstone! Hatfield Mccoy is awesome but the no night riding is a bummer. There are lots of local trails that you can ride at night though. Plus you can ride your quad on the roads threw town and stuff. It's pretty cool down there.
yeah we were gonna try for brimstone but the weekend we're going (memorial day w/e) it's completly booked, we've ridden wayne numerous times it's only about a hour and a half from here, michigan looks promising my buddy got a sd card for his gps of all the trail maps and i got a couple paper maps for backup and i think it's only about a 5hr drive from here
Old 01-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
bwilson624 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
bwilson624's Tacoma Gallery
What are you ridin? It's a ways away for you but there are several places in western NC that are pretty bad ass.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilson624 View Post
What are you ridin? It's a ways away for you but there are several places in western NC that are pretty bad ass.
Yeah that a bit far for us, ridin a 2010 rancher and all of my buddys ride utilities also, finally gave up on the sport quads so this is my first season on a ute
Old 03-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
Fireguy68 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Fire
Name: A Brown Guy
Fireguy68's Tacoma Gallery
Have you looked into going to the ATV Jamboree at Coal Creek OHV in TN? It's in April and has 250 miles of trails and 72,000 acres. I'm taking my '08 Rancher with a couple of friends. They're having a night ride with a bonfire at the end. I've never been but it sounds like a blast.

http://www.coalcreekohv.com/
Old 03-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #8

thanks for the heads up, that place looks promising, we're already booked for michigan, i'm a bit skeptical about MI from the vids ive seen but i'm hoping its better than it looks, we'll keep TN in mind for the next year
Old 01-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #9
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
hey man i know this is like a year old. but hey. look up RideRoyalBlue.com. it’s like 20 miles from my house. it’s a WMA but just off the aria is a camp site with bath houses rental cabins. pretty much everything. that wear we ride. but we don’t park at the camp grounds. we park at what is palled the power lines. if you decide to go to royal blue defiantly let me know and if i can i’ll come up and show you around some. or let me know if you go to windrock or brimstone. i’m about 20 miles from windrock and i think like 30 to 45 min from brimstone.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #10
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
So how was Michigan? Got a link or any info where u went? Thanks.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #11

Meh it was alright I guess but we'll never go back, it was some pretty boring riding, no hills, no mud, and nothing but SAND and whoops, pretty lame on a utility we'll stick with down south as far as I'm concerned nothing can touch black mountain in KY

The trail systems we rode were the denton/leota trails along with some others around that area
Old 01-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
hey man i know this is like a year old. but hey. look up RideRoyalBlue.com. itís like 20 miles from my house. itís a WMA but just off the aria is a camp site with bath houses rental cabins. pretty much everything. that wear we ride. but we donít park at the camp grounds. we park at what is palled the power lines. if you decide to go to royal blue defiantly let me know and if i can iíll come up and show you around some. or let me know if you go to windrock or brimstone. iím about 20 miles from windrock and i think like 30 to 45 min from brimstone.
Sweet thanks for the heads up, how many miles of trails are there?
Old 01-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I have been to the Hatfield-McCoy trails once and it was a blast. We rode so much during the day that we really didn't care about riding at night. The trail system that we rode was called Rock House. We stayed at a campground on top of a mountain in Gilbert, WV. Here's a pic from the campground with my ol' 95 Tacoma in the background......
Old 01-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #14
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
Sweet thanks for the heads up, how many miles of trails are there?
no prob. and i know theirs like over 600. idk exactly. (will post when i find out) also it is on both side of the inter state. the ride royal blue camp grounds are just on the east side but trails are on both east and west side of I-75.

but if you come down def let me know and if i can iíll come up and ride with you. i maybe going this week.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
I am guessing you probably hit some of those trails over on the western side of the state by the sounds of it. You would have better off to keep driving and head to da UP. The trails up there are much better and a ton more scenic.