Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

G FOrces Axle

Old 01-15-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
G FOrces Axle

Anybody on here put G forces Axle on their quad? Was it hard or easy? DO you need to get the aftermarket G-force axle nut or keep with Oem nut? DID you change out your bearings TO? I have Honda TRX 450er and if you have pictures of you do the changing your axle that would be appreciated. Thank you
Old 01-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
putting the axle in is no big deal. It is never a bad idea to change the bearings, but when the axle is pulled inspect your existing and see what condition they are in. Sorry no pics but the Honda axles U use the stock locknut (they are good from the factory). Use grease on the axle when you slide it through the bearings.

Dont know what kind of riding you do but G-force isn't always the best choice, but then I have broken most brands. the pic below where both g-forces, broke 2 in one day.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
putting the axle in is no big deal. It is never a bad idea to change the bearings, but when the axle is pulled inspect your existing and see what condition they are in. Sorry no pics but the Honda axles U use the stock locknut (they are good from the factory). Use grease on the axle when you slide it through the bearings.

Dont know what kind of riding you do but G-force isn't always the best choice, but then I have broken most brands. the pic below where both g-forces, broke 2 in one day.

Ok cool thanx for advice. Did you change your sprockets?
Old 01-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

I change my sprockets and chain every year, but look to see if you are missing any teeth or it is starting to hook. Just depends on how much, how hard, and what you ride in.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
the full Monty

So i got my axle all part today ... holy hell their was a ton of sand in their, hopefully it hold the tension of the chain now. Atvlifestyle do you put grease between the arm housing and the bearing houseing?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:25 PM   #7

Sand is hell on a chain and sprockets. I use a little grease on the bearing carier to help slide it into the swing arm and It make adjusting the chain easier. I also put grease on the avle to slide it through the bearings.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #9

I run a RPM in my race quad and G-forces in all my other quads. G-forces are a great deal for the money and if you purchase it from Rockymountain you just call them and switch it out for a new axle when broken. Durablues are the only other axles I have experience with and they were no better than Gforce at twice the price and not as good of a warranty.
Have yet to have any problems with the RPM axles, but they are pricey.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:33 PM   #11

http://www.magicracing.com/RPM-Domin...0R_p_4040.html

They are avaliable alot of places, magic racing is where I got mine but im in michigan.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #12
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
My quad has cv's