1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suzuki King Quad Recall

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by BartStar, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Mar 5, 2011 at 1:13 AM
    BartStar

BartStar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab, 6 speed man
    I own a 2008 Suzuki King Quad 750AXi, just got s letter from Corporate Suzuki saying my KQ is being recalled for a fuel tank, fuel pump and or gasket leak, deformed tank and needs to be inspected by the dealer.

#1 NO Suzuki Dealer is going to touch my KQ! I don't trust them! They screwed me, ripped me off in the past! They rob good parts off one customers atv and install those parts as new on another customers atv!

#2 I am now sending a letter to corportate Suzuki saying to send me the parts and I will install those parts myself, and if they refuse I will conduct legal proceedings against them !

#3 I have good reasons and evidence and past bad experiences not to take my atv to any Suzuki Dealer, plus they hate me cause of the trouble I gave them in the past for ripping me off and I worry about them purposely sabotaging my ATV!

#4 The ONLY good thing Suzuki Dealers are good for is buying a new ATV or motorcycle, I have no issues with Corporate Suzuki, but I DO have issues with its independent dealers!

2. Mar 5, 2011 at 1:19 AM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    not all dealers are bad. Friends of family own seymours motorized sports in Upstate NY. Best dealer ever. They win the national award for best service every year. Just do your homework when finding a good dealer, just like you would with youre tacoma

3. Mar 5, 2011 at 2:14 AM
    BartStar

BartStar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab, 6 speed man
    I never said all dealers are bad, just my local Suzuki Dealer is bad and he bought out all the other Suzuki Dealers and they are the only ones I can deal with for 100 miles.
    When I wrote a complaint letter to corportate Suzuki in the past to complain about this dealer not honoring my warranty the local Suzuki Dealer called me and threatened me, I had the warranty issue repaired and it was a simple and legit warranty problem!
    I LOVE Suzuki motorcycles and ATV's. to me they are the best, its just the local dealers are the lowlife scumbags.
    I am the guy that buys either a new motorcycle or atv every year and it really does break my heart that I have to buy another brand cause I can't trust the local Suzuki Dealers

4. Mar 5, 2011 at 10:40 AM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    yea, that sucks. keep faith in suzuki. they are awesome. id travel the extra 100+ miles for a good dealer personally.

5. Mar 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM
    Big O

Big O Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Dallas , Texas
    Vehicle:
    ' 06 X Runner ( Red )
    K & N Air Filter , Magnaflow Muffler , Full Synthetic Oil R/P ,block,trans & differencial , New LED taillights, TRD Short Shifter, a Boulekos Sprint Booster !
    As someone that has a '82 Harley ( FXRS ) & a '02 BMW ( R 1150 RT ) , both of which I bought new . ( A guy should get a new motorcycle every 20 years or so . Wheather one deserves it or not ! )

In the real motorcycle world , Suzuki's are like a .99 cents Bic lighter .
    Use it for a while & then throw it away.

That's why you keep haveing to buy another one all the time .

I have a question .

With all these posts & threads you start , How come you have not posted any pictures of all vechiles you claim to have ?

Big O

6. Mar 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    So wait.... you won't take you quad to a suzuki dealer to get recall work done but you let the 'professionals' at wal-mart change the oil in your truck?

7. Mar 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock

so suzukis arent real motorcycles? throw away bikes? and you ride a harley.

I guess a harley isnt a throw away, its a money pit like a volks wagon bug. You dont need a new bike because the rate at which you replace parts to keep it running you basically have a new bike every year or two anyway.

In the real real motorcycle world people ride jap bikes and spend their time riding and not wrenching. :p

8. Mar 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    MachoTaco10

MachoTaco10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Its not a big deal. Its a little rubber gasket which seals the fuel pump to the fuel tank, that either gets pinched from the factory or rips. If yours is not leaking any fuel you are fine.

9. Mar 11, 2011 at 4:38 AM
    Big O

Big O Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Owen
    Dallas , Texas
    Vehicle:
    ' 06 X Runner ( Red )
    K & N Air Filter , Magnaflow Muffler , Full Synthetic Oil R/P ,block,trans & differencial , New LED taillights, TRD Short Shifter, a Boulekos Sprint Booster !
    No , suzukis are real motorcycles , they're just the cheapest ones out there . Honda makes some good bikes.
    I keep the Harley mostly for sentimeneal reasons .
    It's like the '72 Vett that it parks beside . It's not the not the latest/greatest thing on the road but they always turn heads & draw a crowd .
    & yes I am the original/1 st owner , & all the numbers match on the Vette .
    My point is that one never sees people out on 20 or 30 year old suzukis out on the road . They don't last that long & people don't bond with them.
    I once heard a honda rider say he wish someone would steel his bike so he could buy a new one . You'll never hear a Harley or Beemer owner say that.
    I miss my first new car , a '70 VW bug .

I have to admit that when I push a scooter for a brisk Sunday morning ride , I usualy take the BMW .
    It's just so much fun. Just like my X-Runner.
    I ride/drive 'em like I stole 'em !

Big O

10. Mar 11, 2011 at 10:06 AM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    I was just playing...

i had a 2003 hayabusa that i put almost 70k on the odo with no problems, then i got hit by a drunk driver...

older zuks were throw aways but alot of the new bikes are instant classics. I think another reason they are "throw away" is because they update soooo frequently. harleys dont change a thing. many are still air cooled and carbureted so there is no upgrade...

11. Mar 15, 2011 at 9:16 AM
    slo13zx3

slo13zx3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    forest city pa
    Vehicle:
    14 trd off 6speed nav
    new hogs are fi

12. Mar 16, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    so...

honda started putting fuel injection on their bikes in 1982...

25 years later (2007), harley injected the sportster.... and theyre still air cooled

To Top