1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trailer for two utility quads

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by bigmooze, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Mar 11, 2011 at 1:06 PM
    bigmooze

bigmooze [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    Need some advice please: I want an enclosed V-nose trailer that will fit two utility quads (approx. 80"x48"), placed end-to-end.

Does anyone have such a trailer? I would like to know how long it is. I know two trailers would line up to be 160", but nearly 14' for a trailer seems too large?

Normally I would be hauling one bike, but I would like the space for two.

2. Mar 11, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    orvis

orvis Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD off road
  3. Mar 12, 2011 at 10:12 AM
    bigmooze

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    Thanks orvis for the reply. What concerns me is the trailer acting as a giant wind sail at 12' or 14' long. I know the weight won't be an issue.

4. Mar 31, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    bigmooze

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    I test drove an enclosed 6x12 tandem axle trailer. Had it up at highway speeds with a decent oncoming/side wind.

I found that I had to keep the transmission in 4 to prevent occasional hunting - I have no issues with that.

I'm thinking of buying the 7x14 with a wedge nose and extra 6" interior height. Dry weight is 2000lb - more specifications here (page two, left-most column):

http://www.looktrailers.com/MODEL/PDF/MODEL-000083.pdf

They have a 6x14 unit too, but the extra width would be nice for working on an ATV inside, if required. The 7x14 could be a bit more of a drain on the wallet too (for gas), but you have to pay to play.

Anyone see any issues with that model?

I have a brake controller and am waiting on warmer weather to install my Firestone Ride-Rites and on-board air.

To Top