Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Lets see your quad / dirtbike

Old 01-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #701
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
4banger- thanks, yeah there is definitely something fun about riding a 2 stroke.. mine basically sat for 8 years, i can't justifiy spending the money on a new 4 stroke... plus i know how to rebuild a top end on a 2 stroke..

09 tacoma- close, the pics were taken at hurricane hills in clifford, pa.. i've never been to steel city, i've heard good things about it.. i guess broome tioga sold there national placement to them?? i've been out of the loop for a bit..
Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #702
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post

09 tacoma- close, the pics were taken at hurricane hills in clifford, pa.. i've never been to steel city, i've heard good things about it.. i guess broome tioga sold there national placement to them?? i've been out of the loop for a bit..
gotcha. Steel citys got a similar step up which is why I was asking. I was there 2 years ago for the ATV national round. Awesome track, Conrads quad broke down though so that kinda sucked but we got to enjoy watching the races

I'd go every year if it wasn't so far
Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #703
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sucks to hear about the quad breakin.. what class does he ride?
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #704
4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Charlie
4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mx SuperFly 25 View Post

the pipe will be going on before spring... and i can't wait to use the Go Pro Hero HD either!
how short did you come up on that step up, or is the next shot the sequence, that track looks fun.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:28 AM   #705
Adrenaline Addict

i was getting over it every time, the pic looks deceiving, that's why i put up the next one, it would be the next in the sequence but it's from a different lap.. when jumping that you peak right at the landing... which i guess is a perfect step up.. so that's why it looks like i'm going to dive into the landing front wheel first in the first pic haha
Old 02-04-2011, 05:30 AM   #707
Adrenaline Addict

nice bike.. dual exhaust on an mx bike looks sick..and i like how someone managed to squeeze a 2nd gen into that last pic!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #709
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
My brother just bought a brand new 2011 YZ450F.

Backwards engine
Old 02-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #710
ericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shedericb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Rotorhead
Name: Inigo Montoya
ericb's Tacoma Gallery
Old school.

Attached Thumbnails
Lets see your quad / dirtbike-bike1.jpg   Lets see your quad / dirtbike-dsc02894-large-.jpg   Lets see your quad / dirtbike-dsc03031-large-.jpg   Lets see your quad / dirtbike-dsc02799-large-.jpg   Lets see your quad / dirtbike-dsc00121-large-.jpg  

Lets see your quad / dirtbike-all4-2.jpg   Lets see your quad / dirtbike-img_1121-large-.jpg  
Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #711
4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light

4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb View Post
Old school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
My brother just bought a brand new 2011 YZ450F.

Backwards engine
wow the four stroke has come a long way. Now it's time to pull all the unnecessaries off that thing, warning stickers/chain guards etc.. what did he pay for that thing? I've been waiting till they figure some of the rear shock issues out on the new Yamis. I have an 07 450 and a 05 250 2strk but can't wait to go fuel injected. If he needs any work go JGR all the way. Rep to you both.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #712
orvis will become famous soon enough

Army:
orvis's Tacoma Gallery
There is nothing wrong with the rear end on the yamaha, I just stiffened up the forks a little and it works great for me (200# rider). If you are really picky you could always pick up a aftermaket link, but they are not for everyone.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #713
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger View Post
wow the four stroke has come a long way. Now it's time to pull all the unnecessaries off that thing, warning stickers/chain guards etc.. what did he pay for that thing? I've been waiting till they figure some of the rear shock issues out on the new Yamis. I have an 07 450 and a 05 250 2strk but can't wait to go fuel injected. If he needs any work go JGR all the way. Rep to you both.
I believe he paid $7100 OTD. And the useless stickers will be gone soon, case saver will stay however.

We still haven't been able to take it out for a real ride because of the ice but Im sure it will be a HUGE upgrade from the old '07 CRF250R.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #714

4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by orvis View Post
There is nothing wrong with the rear end on the yamaha, I just stiffened up the forks a little and it works great for me (200# rider). If you are really picky you could always pick up a aftermaket link, but they are not for everyone.
the rear shock fades as the oil temp increases do to the pipe running where it does. JGR have custom fabbed heat shields to help deal with the problem. I am also waiting for an oversized tank.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #715

4banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I believe he paid $7100 OTD. And the useless stickers will be gone soon, case saver will stay however.

We still haven't been able to take it out for a real ride because of the ice but Im sure it will be a HUGE upgrade from the old '07 CRF250R.
I would ditch the plastic chain guard not the aluminum one under it. You guys are going to have a lot of fun! I love new bikes, and that EFI is on off power.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #716
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Id leave all the chain guards on your stuff, that can be a costly error. I had my chain run itself into my case, ripped a hole and everything. All i did was land off a triple and tried to throttle out like normal.

Oh yea Honda FTW
Old 02-06-2011, 06:06 AM   #717
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I would ditch the plastic chain guard not the aluminum one under it. You guys are going to have a lot of fun! I love new bikes, and that EFI is on off power.
Disregard my last post. you posted something as i was typing.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:57 AM   #718
braaap

Thanks for the tips guys.

Well we'll see about the shock, the bike will be almost exclusively used for offroad riding/racing, not track. And yeah you'd have to be crazy to run a bike without a case saver, especially with the POS stock chain. He'll probably just leave the plastic one too, the more protection the better and it might weigh 1/8 lb?

The lack of an oversized tank would turn me off too, but its his bike.

So far he re mapped the bike (no idea how it was done or with what programmer since I wasn't there) and he put some nice radiator braces on it.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:12 AM   #719
CrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrAiG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tacoma889
CrAiG's Tacoma Gallery
me riding my crf 250

me on my Crf 450
Old 02-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #720
McGrubber

Nice pics man!