Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

4 Wheeler Radio Build, Anyone Ever Made One?

Old 06-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Pluffmud13 is on a distinguished road
Name: York
Pluffmud13's Tacoma Gallery
4 Wheeler Radio Build, Anyone Ever Made One?

I have to decided to make another 4 wheeler radio this summer, although I don't have a 4 wheeler I will just use it mainly for tailgating and hanging out around outside of the house. For those who have never seen one before, essentially it is a car radio put into some 6 inch pvc pipe with speakers and you hook it to your four wheeler while riding. Has anyone made one before, because I would like to see what yours looks like? Also I would like to know how to wire it to run off 110 volts if anyone has suggestions on that. Here is the one I have previously built.

This time around I will be doing a Y split for the speakers instead of the T split.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
Nightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightfury is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
Nightfury's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on the demands of the head unit you use, you could always use an old computer power supply to provide 12V to your radio.

Otherwise, a small inverter would be sufficient, I believe.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:14 AM   #3
tanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanzak88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Tanner
tanzak88's Tacoma Gallery
That's actually a pretty badass little setup... I dig. Would be nice for camping.