Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Transporting ATV on truck bead

Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
icefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant future

Name: Fridfinnur
icefox's Tacoma Gallery
Question Transporting ATV on truck bead

Hi anyone know if I can fit a Polaris Sportsman 850 on the truck bead of a Tacoma double cap. The dimensions fit some what but I don't know how far from the front end the front wheels are on the ATV so is anyone transporting there Polaris on there truck bead and willing to share info on this.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I would guess yes, if you have a long bed.

It might be on the tailgate though.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
icefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant futureicefox has a brilliant future

icefox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I would guess yes, if you have a long bed.

It might be on the tailgate though.
I dont have a long bed and the overall length of the ATV is longer than the truck bed and the tailgate but where are the weels of the ATV relative to the front end and the back end of the ATV. will the wheels and front end fit on the bed? That is the big question.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
chrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchrisman8995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
chrisman8995's Tacoma Gallery
my honda foretrax will barely fit with a long bed. Tailgate down and back window open b/c of my winch. i'm very careful and put it in the truck as a last resort im afraid it will come up and bust the back window. its honestly about an inch away from the window. hope that helps
Old 06-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefox View Post
I dont have a long bed and the overall length of the ATV is longer than the truck bed and the tailgate but where are the weels of the ATV relative to the front end and the back end of the ATV. will the wheels and front end fit on the bed? That is the big question.
You could always stand it up on its back end and strap it down very well.

Here's a similar ATV in a long bed, http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/all...-long-bed.html.

There's only one way to find out if it will fit in your short bed, try it.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #6

icefox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisman8995 View Post
my honda foretrax will barely fit with a long bed. Tailgate down and back window open b/c of my winch. i'm very careful and put it in the truck as a last resort im afraid it will come up and bust the back window. its honestly about an inch away from the window. hope that helps
Hummm then I think the polaris 850 is not going on to my truck bed
Tnx
Old 06-06-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefox View Post
Hummm then I think the polaris 850 is not going on to my truck bed
Tnx
I would guess it would fit, hopefully someone else has done it to confirm though. Here's how'd I'd load it, I would put a 2x8 across the front on top of the wheel wells so the front end sits up on the wells. That will make the back end come forward a little bit more but it'll put a lot of weight on the tailgate.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
not junior member
jeanyves is on a distinguished road

jeanyves's Tacoma Gallery
well i recently bought a grizzly 700 with 26 mudlite,and it barely fit,i had to shim the front to not hit the window,had no room to secure the front,was making the truck top heavy and had no room for gear anymore ,so i just bought a trailer instead.i should mention that i use my oem cargo divider and put some 2x4 between the divider and the front of the bed and drove the quad against it,makes it safe for when you brake hard so the quad don t hit the window and it work really good for that

before

after
Old 06-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #9

icefox's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanyves View Post
well i recently bought a grizzly 700 with 26 mudlite,and it barely fit,i had to shim the front to not hit the window,had no room to secure the front,was making the truck top heavy and had no room for gear anymore ,so i just bought a trailer instead.i should mention that i use my oem cargo divider and put some 2x4 between the divider and the front of the bed and drove the quad against it,makes it safe for when you brake hard so the quad don t hit the window and it work really good for that

before

after
Nice setup. I think I go for some kind of trailer, they are just so gd expensive in Iceland.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
saweetlou will become famous soon enough

saweetlou's Tacoma Gallery
My 700 Grizzly with 27in tires fits in the back of my 02 ExtraCab Taco with the tail gate down, if I level out the wheel wells I can close the gate. My front tires hit the box so there is now worries of anything hitting the cab or glass.