Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Opinions on a Suzuki Z400

Old 07-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
Opinions on a Suzuki Z400

http://lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/2497580620.html

Just got off the phone with they guy, engine has been gone through, claims it runs good, blah blah blah. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, curious about some things I should look for, common problems etc etc
Old 07-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bumppp thanks in advance, guys!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I would be worried that a 4 stroke has a rebuilt top end. 2 strokes yes,4 strokes NO!! why was it rebuilt?I assume it had a hard life???I guess for $1300 you can't complain
Old 07-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #4
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
I would be worried that a 4 stroke has a rebuilt top end. 2 strokes yes,4 strokes NO!! why was it rebuilt?I assume it had a hard life???I guess for $1300 you can't complain
yea, i'm definitely going to ask about it. But, as you said, for $1300 I'm not gonna complain. I can probably get him down to $1100 maybe even less.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
You can complain when it leaves you stranded in the woods. Lol
Old 07-19-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
They are good bikes man. Probably didnt take care if the air filter. Thats why they need top end rebuilt. As long as it runs and looks decent. It's worth $1,300 for sure. Make sure you check the frame thoroughly for cracks or bends or rust. Look for indications of it being rolled too. Make sure the air filter is clean and the oil too.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 AM   #7
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
They are good bikes man. Probably didnt take care if the air filter. Thats why they need top end rebuilt. As long as it runs and looks decent. It's worth $1,300 for sure. Make sure you check the frame thoroughly for cracks or bends or rust. Look for indications of it being rolled too. Make sure the air filter is clean and the oil too.
^ you make many good points, thanks!

Where are you at in KY, man?
Old 07-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #8
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

N.E. Corner
Old 07-20-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The Z400 is like the baby brother to a 450 race quad..it's almost there, but still quite not..for a lil more spending, you can get the BIG BOY.
So think about that in the long run.

Now at that price, it's a good deal if things aren't tweaked.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #10
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
x2 especially for a z400. Those type of four strokes run FOREVER. The race four stroke engines need about as much maintenance as 2 strokes if not more. Many people think the 250f and 450f motors are the same as old four strokes. They are pumped up on steroids and super high compression. They will grenade if not maintained. But a z400 is a tank
Old 07-20-2011, 06:11 PM   #11
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Honestly I would steer clear of anyone that poses on the thing they are selling. Im just wondering where he sat the beer
Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #12
Creeper

Went to check it out today, that dude was definitely a "character". Ripped around on it a little bit, yoshi exhaust sounds GREAT. K&N filter, Aluminum bumper (not sure on the brand), nerf bars. It has a set of holeshot HD's on it, fronts are totally bald in the middle and rear tires are at about 60%. I cut a deal with him $575 + My 220 Bayou.

Goin to pick it up tomorrow!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #13
Señor member

Sounds like your getting a good deal!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:09 AM   #14
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndefinedTaco View Post
The Z400 is like the baby brother to a 450 race quad..it's almost there, but still quite not..for a lil more spending, you can get the BIG BOY.
So think about that in the long run.

Now at that price, it's a good deal if things aren't tweaked.
x2. 450 FTW! Of course it depends on what you will be using the quad for.
Thats a good deal if it's legit.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanglingFury View Post
I cut a deal with him $575 + My 220 Bayou.

Goin to pick it up tomorrow!
You did good!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:08 PM   #15
Creeper

I've had the bike for a couple of days, engine runs great but I'm gonna need to replace front wheel bearings and the axle bushing, and maybe even the chain. Also, I NEED TIRES. If anyone has some spare z400/kfx400 stuff layin around, lemme know!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:57 PM   #16
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bike actually looks pretty decent, I'd ride it..but I'd get bored and get back on my Kawi

Nerfs are a life saver,
Old 08-04-2011, 05:10 AM   #18
Creeper

Yes, they're especially fast to be a 400. i'm goin riding with a guy that has a honda 700xx. should be interesting.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
Dirty Trucker

It won't hang with the XX. They r pretty quick though.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Bringing this thread back to life. How is it running? I have a 2005 KFX400. Awesome machine.