Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Swisher Trail Mowers?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Swisher Trail Mowers?

Anybody have one of these pull behind mowers?

I have the 44" rough cut and I love it, but my bearings just crapped out on me. And of course they are pressed in the shaft. I also need some ideas on making a better hitch assembly to attach to the quad.

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with these.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
Anybody have one of these pull behind mowers?

I have the 44" rough cut and I love it, but my bearings just crapped out on me. And of course they are pressed in the shaft. I also need some ideas on making a better hitch assembly to attach to the quad.

Just wondering if anybody has any experience with these.
No experience with these but if you can find a flail mower they work awesome for brush! I haven't had great experiences with horizontal blade mowers for heavy brush, at least with the ones I've owned.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
I had one for a while, the bearings crapped out, i replaced them and sold it. It was great for keeping my 2 acre field mowed. As far as a hitch goes, mine had a pin that went through to tongue on the mower and through the hole where a ball hitch would go on the fourwheeler and locked in place... maybe you're missing some parts?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
No, I have that same setup, just the hitch on the mower isnt wide enough for the hitch on the fourwheeler. And my bearings will need replaced this fall after the mowing season. Kinda sucks.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
I'm confused . . . I need pics . .
Old 08-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
Born in the Backwoods

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
This is what the mower looks like. I know its small, but you can sorta see the hitch.

This is what my hitch looks like minus the ball and the attachment the ball is sitting on.

The mower hitch isnt wide enough to go around my atv hitch. See what I'm saying? I had to bend it to make it wider. So instead of looking like this..

--
. |
--

It looks like this...

\
.|
/

Hope that makes sense. In other words, the opening on the mower hitch is like 1 1/2". And the atv hitch is 1 3/4". So i had to open the mower hitch up to 2" for it to fit.

Now it barely sits in there. I need to modify the hitch or make a new one.

Sorry. I cant get my personal pics onto my computer right now.