Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

opinions on my stupid impulse purchase

Old 08-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
DSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kerri
DSMissed's Tacoma Gallery
opinions on my stupid impulse purchase

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

I've been looking on Ebay/CL/local ads/dealers for months now and finally got frustrated and saw this, loved it, bought it, and I'm hoping I didn't get myself into something that is going to go badly.

I've been around honda atv's my entire life and we've occasionally rolled them, jumped them, they have fallen out of pickups, etc etc and we have never bent a frame, so I'm hoping this one is ok.

Opinions on my stupidity??? Its basically costing me $3200 with the cost of shipping plus whatever goes into parts to fix it, and FYI the cracked fender is going to get zip tied til I find a used plastic. I can't afford something new, and most of the used manual shift Ranchers in my area still go for $3k....
Old 08-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Not sure how much they go for new but I guess you can add the plastics and racks you want instead of going with stock junk. It will make for a cool little project.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
looks fixable. need to break it down and see all the damage
Old 08-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you buy something if they even say that they are not certain if the frame is bent. They haven't even driven the thing to see if there are other major flaws. Very stupid buy
Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Geez man. I'd have a hard time buying something sight unseen that's supposed to be in great condition. I couldn't by something with that much damage unless I could have a personal look at it to survey the damage.

Hope it works out!!
Old 08-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
DSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kerri
DSMissed's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I'm just being stupid but hopeful. There was a guy with an 05 with 3k miles on it firm at $5k.

If all else fails, I'd imagine I could part it out to get my money back if I had to. All of the Honda's we've got have upper and lower A arms, and if anything is bent I would imagine its that.... but judging from the pictures I see no reason for major damage. And I know ours have taken some major hits (had a 1000 lb animal hit one so hard that the animal broke its neck and died) and no problems.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Yo! Wat up peeps?
1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future1Bigbird has a brilliant future

1Bigbird's Tacoma Gallery
The rack and frame are easily fixed if you can cut and weld. The plastic you can get plastic welded and will be cheaper than a new one. Won't look as good as new but better than tie straps.
Check the electrical connectors and wires for damage when you take everything off.
Hope it works out for you!