Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Any Honda UTV owners?

Old 01-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Any Honda UTV owners?

Moving onto some land, selling the Harley and looking to get a Honda Big Red for trails and some farm work. Just seeing if someone else on TW has any experience with one. I've researched other brands and I'm not thrilled with all the CVT trannnys on the other ones.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Anyone?
Old 01-09-2012, 07:48 AM   #3
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
My dad and I are looking into getting a side x side soon. We have looked at and drove just about every one of them and so far we are down to either a Big Red or a Rhino. We are leaning more towards the rhino because it is smaller, has bucket seats and the aftermarket is larger. The ride quality's are close to the same. The Honda is just a little too bulky for what we are going to be using it for, which is mostly hunting. If we were going to be buying something for around the house, it would be the honda, hands down. We still might end up with the honda, if we can find a good deal on one. The automatic transmission, in my opinion, is superior to all of the belt drives. Also all of the 4-wheelers we have ever owned was honda's, so we know that the motors are trustworthy.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #4

AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
My dad and I are looking into getting a side x side soon. We have looked at and drove just about every one of them and so far we are down to either a Big Red or a Rhino. We are leaning more towards the rhino because it is smaller, has bucket seats and the aftermarket is larger. The ride quality's are close to the same. The Honda is just a little too bulky for what we are going to be using it for, which is mostly hunting. If we were going to be buying something for around the house, it would be the honda, hands down. We still might end up with the honda, if we can find a good deal on one. The automatic transmission, in my opinion, is superior to all of the belt drives. Also all of the 4-wheelers we have ever owned was honda's, so we know that the motors are trustworthy.
True. The lack of belt drive and being a Honda are the things I like. Aftermarket is larger on other SxS but seems like enough is out there for me. Thanks for the input, I'll go drive one when I am back stateside.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i hear allot of great things about them! the honda and yamaha dealer we go to. said they are great and they don’t see them come back and need allot of major work. it is a honda after al. we got the rhino to do some yard work but also take to the mountains and ride. i think they top out at like 30mph? i’m not sure tho. rhino is a really good SXS have had it over a year and i beat the hell out of it. i have had it stuck in the pond and about 4” of water inside the cab. i have jumped it at like 35mph. i have hauled more than what it says you can. the bed is rated at 400 pounds i had 550 in it and the shocks wear still about 1” to 2” from bottoming out. i hit a tree with it. and like 28mph. it broke the tree. the big red is rated to tow and haul more in the bed. for the money i don’t know what better of a machine their is. everyone says rhino suck. blah blah. but yeah the 700cc tops out at 41/42 mph and not 65mph. but it can do allot more stuff. like haul fire wood dirt/sand.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
oh and personally i think yamaha has done a great job on designing their CVT trans on the rhino(and grizzly) i have never felt or noticed it slip at all.