Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Noob @ ATV's not sure what to buy 2 choices

Old 01-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
SmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmoothFox is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
SmoothFox's Tacoma Gallery
Noob @ ATV's not sure what to buy 2 choices

UPDATE: BOUGHT THE RANCHER AT

I'll make this short and sweet. I have narrowed my choices to the following two bikes both are Honda's.

First is a 2009 Honda Rancher AT from the original owner has 87 hours and 438 miles.He was asking $4900 and I got him down to $4600 cash money. This bike has the IRS and fuel injection. The only thing that scares me is he has a lien on it from Honda Financial and the bike is 400 miles away. I would have to drive 800 miles round trip to get and hope he pays it off and mails me the title.

Second bike is a 2008 Honda Rincon it is at a KTM dealer he took it in on a trade. It has 33.5 hours and 219 miles. His price is $6000 cash money and this includes a clear Texas title and sales tax of 8.25%. It also has a Gorilla winch not sure what rating. I have seen this bike in person but not rode it.

I am buying the ATV just for fun. I have no farm/land to work so just a toy.
Anything I should look for? Any help or thoughts would be helpful. Thanx!

John

Old 01-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
those aren't bikes. they're quads. huge difference.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #3
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SoufJerz View Post
shoulda went yamaha or Kawi.. hondas have drum brakes and arent true 4 wheel. atleast yamaha and kawis have a diff lock and a low gear..
lsd in the front diff of a honda.Has low gear. A Honda is the most reliable quad. Good choice!
Old 01-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SoufJerz View Post
they are built to have the snot worked out of em.
That's why I would buy a Honda. Honda's lsd works just like our trucks. When you lose traction,both front tires hook up.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
nice atv! we have a ’04 rancher 350cc 4wd. only down side (and it’s already been said) but it’s really not bad is you can’t lock the front diff. but i still have never got it stuck. even in 1.5 to 2 feet of mud and water. never have had mud in the drum brakes! ( i check them a few times a year) only that broke was a throttle cable. even with flipping it a few times nothing has broke. i was surprised when i flipped it and it did not brake the little thing that holds the shift/start and light switches.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
those aren't bikes. they're quads. huge difference.
not really quads. well to me and most people i know. quads are the race one and the ones with racks or 4wd are ATVís.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
not really quads. well to me and most people i know. quads are the race one and the ones with racks or 4wd are ATV’s.
Same difference. Just don't call them bikes.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #8
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Those rincons are straight beast man!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
Same difference. Just don't call them bikes.
agree.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
So, in Texas there is such a thing as a title on a ATV? Not so in Alabama, no title to any unregistrable (no tag) vehicle. There is a certificate of ownership. Any way, a Honda can not be beat for overall toughness.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:14 AM   #11
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice. Enjoy.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:16 AM   #12
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Polaris all the way! But nah ranchers are alright
Old 01-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #13
taco king
snoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
snoozeworm's Tacoma Gallery
rancher ftw