Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

2012 Honda Foreman?

Old 02-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
01Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Honda Foreman?

I was looking at getting the 2012 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 camo edition and was wondering if anyone else has one to give me some pro and cons before I buy a new one
Old 02-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #2
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Yota View Post
I was looking at getting the 2012 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 camo edition and was wondering if anyone else has one to give me some pro and cons before I buy a new one
it's got an all new FI motor, they're suppose to be pretty awesome, i just cant get over the solid rear axle, i'm a IRS kinda person
Old 02-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
What's wrong with a SRA? Less shit to get caught up in the back. Sure it's not as plush a ride, but it beats getting sticks jammed in your rear suspension.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Honda Foreman has always been great. I don't know about the new engine, but can just assume that it will be good.
The solid axle is more for a workhorse while the independent axle is better for play.
I think for what the Foreman is, the solid axle suits itself. Depending on your needs and intended use, there might be more "fun" models out there (with independent rears) but I would go with the Foreman if I was in the market now.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
Shake and Bake
4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jefferson
4wd Boss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Exactly. Nobody buys a foreman looking to toss it off dunes...
i just bought a foreman to hit the dunes with.... D'oh!
Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
And dune tossing is what you got it for? I also take my truck to the mall. Did I build it for that? Nnnnoooooo.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
01Yota is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
01Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Well its my first bike that I'm buying new I've always had 400ex's and 450r's but I'm looking to get away from then and get something me and my old lady can be comfertable on
Old 02-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
What's wrong with a SRA? Less shit to get caught up in the back. Sure it's not as plush a ride, but it beats getting sticks jammed in your rear suspension.
IRS=a ton more ground clearance

edit, and a disc brake on the rear and not that crappy drum brake honda insists on using
Old 02-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #10
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If you want something for you and your wife to trail ride on, I would go with a rincon. The IRS is so much more comfortable than the solid axle. I will never go back.