1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

04 CRF250R Coolant Leak?

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by prerunner24, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Apr 9, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    prerunner24

prerunner24 [OP] AR-15 Shooter

Member:
    First Name:
    DYLAN
    North East Texas
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2wd 06 Prerunner 6" lift
    Silver, 6" Pro Comp lift, re geared rear end, 20x9 Fuel Offroad Boost wheels & 305/55/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires, black halo projector headlights, black billet grille, Debadge tailgate and black door badges, Nightshades blacked out taillights & 3rd brake light, Pioneer double din monitor, K&N cold air intake, Cherry Bomb Extreme muffler with no cats & chrome 5" diesel tips dumped behind rear axel, Unichip programmer. Long Travel plans for the future, going back to 35" tires this summer, probably mud grapplers. Putting out 218 rwhp, and 245 ft/lb of torque.
    I recently bought my first dirt bike, its a 2004 Honda CRF250R. It has some performance mods done to it, but don't get me lying about what all has been done, the guy i got it from didn't tell me everything. But recently it has started to drip coolant out of the overflow tube on the pump. The first time it happened after riding for maybe 20 minutes, and it was a steady stream of water. I figured it was because there was only water in the radiator and no coolant. So i bought some coolant and ran it straight coolant, but it still leaked from the overflow tube, just not as much this time. Any ideas as to what i should do? Im scared of causing my bike to overheat and make more problems for myself.

2. Apr 10, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    You might have put too much coolant in the radiator and it is pushing out the excess. You want to fill it up till the fins on the inside is barely covered. If that is not the problem then your bike is overheating for some reason. My bike will push out coolant if it overheats. But the only time it overheats is if I have been riding for a while and then I stop and let it idle for a few minutes.

3. Apr 11, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    prerunner24

Member:
    First Name:
    DYLAN
    North East Texas
    Vehicle:
    Silver, 6" Pro Comp lift, re geared rear end, 20x9 Fuel Offroad Boost wheels & 305/55/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires, black halo projector headlights, black billet grille, Debadge tailgate and black door badges, Nightshades blacked out taillights & 3rd brake light, Pioneer double din monitor, K&N cold air intake, Cherry Bomb Extreme muffler with no cats & chrome 5" diesel tips dumped behind rear axel, Unichip programmer. Long Travel plans for the future, going back to 35" tires this summer, probably mud grapplers. Putting out 218 rwhp, and 245 ft/lb of torque.
    No i only fill the radiator till it comes to the fins, and i haven't really been riding long enough for it to be reasonably overheating, i mean you'd think if it was overheating really bad i would feel the heat radiating from my bike, but it seems to be pretty cool and not too hot for the amount of time i was riding. I appreciate the input on it! Im taking it to my local honda shop in the next couple of days and see if i get any answers, but i'm hoping my rad cap just isn't keeping enough pressure so its a cheap fix, but we all know how that goes haha. Never can be something simple :sadviolin:

4. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    Oh ok. If it's coming out of the overflow tube then I wouldn't think it could be anything very serious but you never know. Hopefully they get it figured out and it is an easy/cheap fix.

5. Apr 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM
    prerunner24

Member:
    First Name:
    DYLAN
    North East Texas
    Vehicle:
    Thanks i hope so too!

6. Feb 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    MotoTacoma

MotoTacoma Adrenaline Addict

Member:
    Pencilveineeya
    Vehicle:
    14 Tundra TRD OR, 05 GX470
    tacoma sold 11/13/13 GX470 has 2” Dobinsons IMS w/JBA UCA, Baja Designs S1 ditch lights, more to come!
    well, what was it?

To Top