Notices

04 CRF250R Coolant Leak?

Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
AR-15 Shooter
prerunner24 is on a distinguished road

Name: DYLAN
prerunner24's Tacoma Gallery
04 CRF250R Coolant Leak?

I recently bought my first dirt bike, its a 2004 Honda CRF250R. It has some performance mods done to it, but don't get me lying about what all has been done, the guy i got it from didn't tell me everything. But recently it has started to drip coolant out of the overflow tube on the pump. The first time it happened after riding for maybe 20 minutes, and it was a steady stream of water. I figured it was because there was only water in the radiator and no coolant. So i bought some coolant and ran it straight coolant, but it still leaked from the overflow tube, just not as much this time. Any ideas as to what i should do? Im scared of causing my bike to overheat and make more problems for myself.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
You might have put too much coolant in the radiator and it is pushing out the excess. You want to fill it up till the fins on the inside is barely covered. If that is not the problem then your bike is overheating for some reason. My bike will push out coolant if it overheats. But the only time it overheats is if I have been riding for a while and then I stop and let it idle for a few minutes.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
AR-15 Shooter
prerunner24 is on a distinguished road

Name: DYLAN
prerunner24's Tacoma Gallery
No i only fill the radiator till it comes to the fins, and i haven't really been riding long enough for it to be reasonably overheating, i mean you'd think if it was overheating really bad i would feel the heat radiating from my bike, but it seems to be pretty cool and not too hot for the amount of time i was riding. I appreciate the input on it! Im taking it to my local honda shop in the next couple of days and see if i get any answers, but i'm hoping my rad cap just isn't keeping enough pressure so its a cheap fix, but we all know how that goes haha. Never can be something simple
Old 04-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Oh ok. If it's coming out of the overflow tube then I wouldn't think it could be anything very serious but you never know. Hopefully they get it figured out and it is an easy/cheap fix.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
well, what was it?