Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

ATV/UTV BS.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #261
Geem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant futureGeem750 has a brilliant future

Name: Brandon
Geem750's Tacoma Gallery
another reason i love my sport atv, it just gets thrown into the truck, ebrake on, tail gate up, no tie downs for short trips
Old 04-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #262
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery

Sold the 450 this morning... Kinda sad. Got money for truck mods though!!
Old 05-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #263
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
I rode a 450R but something was wrong it wasnt too great...now the 660r and 700r are beasts but more than I can handle really (I have experience riding ATVS but relatively new to mucho power)..400EX should fit my bill
Look out for Suzuki LT-Z400's as well. I have an 09, and with minor mods the think flat out rips! Almost as fast as a 450, but with less maintanence, and it has lower gearing and reverse. I race cut my fenders over the weekend, and it looks mean as Hell!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #264
Couchpotato is a splendid one to beholdCouchpotato is a splendid one to beholdCouchpotato is a splendid one to beholdCouchpotato is a splendid one to beholdCouchpotato is a splendid one to beholdCouchpotato is a splendid one to behold

Army: Signal Corps
Name: Wes
Couchpotato's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, so heres the question....

2008 Yamaha Raptor 700se with around 10 hours on it ('08 has rezi shocks) for $5k
http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/3815492346.html
or
2007 Yamaha Raptor 700r with less than 30 hours ('07 does not have rezi shocks) but does have aftermarket stuff for $4k
http://pueblo.craigslist.org/mcy/3814391422.html

PS. not sure if the '08 is real or not cause I dont see that color option anywhere on the web for '08
Old 05-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #265
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
I’d go with the ’08.

also i’m thinking it may have custom plastics.(edit; also looks like the frame was painted. yamaha frames are usually black, silver or blue. have never seen a red frame.) also something els i see is the guy selling the ’07 could not even take the time to wash it before he took some pic. the ’08 looks cleaner, and also with that may have been taken better care of more. not saying the guy with the ’07 did not take care of it, but IMHO not cleaning it up to sell is lazy, and shows that maybe you don’t/did not care about taking good care of it.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #266
Couchpotato is a splendid one to beholdCouchpotato is a splendid one to beholdCouchpotato is a splendid one to beholdCouchpotato is a splendid one to beholdCouchpotato is a splendid one to beholdCouchpotato is a splendid one to behold

are the rezi shocks really worth $1,000 bucks though? cause thats the only real difference between the two in stock form.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #267
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
are the rezi shocks really worth $1,000 bucks though? cause thats the only real difference between the two in stock form.
i think they are. imo they ride better had higher speeds on rough trails or washboard roads. also they will stay cooler longer.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #268

yeah, I will have to go look at it. I dont know if its gonna be worth it to me. I might just end up with the '07 due to price and then I could put a set of Elka's on there for the extra grand.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
yeah, I will have to go look at it. I dont know if its gonna be worth it to me. I might just end up with the '07 due to price and then I could put a set of Elka's on there for the extra grand.
yeah that sounds like a good idea. also what do Elka’s run price wise? maybe cheaper to do that if you have some hand tools. putting new shocks on is easy as hell. at least it was on our rancher when we broke a front shock.

I took it off, to look at it because i though it maybe broke. well i unbolted it and it just fell apart, and the oil went all over the place.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #270
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
I rode a 450R but something was wrong it wasnt too great...now the 660r and 700r are beasts but more than I can handle really (I have experience riding ATVS but relatively new to mucho power)..400EX should fit my bill
I have a 03 LT-z400, it hauls, I'm a big dude and its plenty fast for me, completely stock except the air filter.
I do wish it had a little more top end, if I did have a 6th gear I'd probably wreck it.
I took it to dumont dunes, it did good on the dunes, and really good on the woops, I was doing at least 45 MPH in 4th over the woops.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
Did some swampin this afternoon
holy mother of god...how do you even begin to clean that thing
Old 05-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #273

Anybody know if I need to carry insurance on my atv in the state of colorado? i dont think I do, but i planned on it anyways.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #275
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
That red frame'd raptor is stock pretty sure my buddy has almost the same raptor. Id buy the 2008.

Ive seen some real clean suzuki/kawi/arctic cats (all bout the same) but im a die hard honda fan, owned bout 25 ALL HONDA atvs (recon 300fourtrax,rancher,foreman,400ex)

Just dont think I could spend a decent amt of $ for something non honda or even yamahammer
Old 05-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #276

I am a die hard team blue yamaha guy, so I know where you are coming from. I am going with the red/black 08. managed to talk the guy down a great deal (and maybe his wife had a soft spot for me being military) I am picking it up tonight. I'll post pics later.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #277
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck post some pix!!!

Wait its tomorow, where are picturse of you wheelyin it haha
Old 06-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #278
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
A question for y'all with sport quads, do you carry extra gas? if so how?
I want to get a rotopax 2 gallon so i have a gallon for my 400 and a gallon for my sisters 250 (soon to be upgraded to a 400), but they're so expensive.

And do any of yall run gopros when you ride? how do you mount them?
i'm thinking a helmet mount for most of my riding, but a handle bar mount for when i need to charge it.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #279
Livin Low, Ridin High
YotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMatt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
YotaMatt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
A question for y'all with sport quads, do you carry extra gas? if so how?
I want to get a rotopax 2 gallon so i have a gallon for my 400 and a gallon for my sisters 250 (soon to be upgraded to a 400), but they're so expensive.

And do any of yall run gopros when you ride? how do you mount them?
i'm thinking a helmet mount for most of my riding, but a handle bar mount for when i need to charge it.
As far as the gopro goes..I have a helmet mount I use but also mounted a permanent mount to my 4 wheeler...its on my radiator relocation bracket tho..which sports dont have
Old 06-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #280
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMatt View Post
As far as the gopro goes..I have a helmet mount I use but also mounted a permanent mount to my 4 wheeler...its on my radiator relocation bracket tho..which sports dont have
Cool, I have a radiator but the camera wouldn't be able to see mounted close to it, I do want to have a mount where it can see my suspension working.