Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

ATV/UTV BS.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #81
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
Yeah I have heard mixed reviews about Polaris atvs as well. I so far have not had any major issues with any of my hondas, had 2 dirtbikes, and currently a honda 400ex atv. Great machines.
yeah. we have a í03 recon, and i have flipped it at least 4 times. and but it just on itís side prob 30+ times. have jumped it, crashed into a few fences. and ride it like i stole it.nothing is bent, and it ride and runes great. only problem we had was the ES shifting solenoid or something. it would not let it down shift some times.

also have a í04 rancher. i have flipped it like 2 times since í08(we got it used) have put it on itís side like 6 times maybe more. i jump it and ride it balls to the wall. agin nothing bent and runs great.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #82
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
i have a question, i have a water-cooled quad, am i supposed to let it idle after i ride it hard so the water circulated through the radiator?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #83
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
i have a question, i have a water-cooled quad, am i supposed to let it idle after i ride it hard so the water circulated through the radiator?
not that i know of. rhino is water cooled, and i ride it balls to the wall for hours(2 even 3 hours with out stopping) and i just stop and turn it of/shut it down. i donít let it idle at all. the only time it really sits and idles is on really cold days(below like 40) i will let the atvís sit for maybe 5 min before i ride them. if it is even colder i will let sit longer. reason is so the oil and engine can get up to a good operating temp.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #84
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I've got

2 Sportsman 800's
1 Sportsman 700
1 Polaris Ranger
1 Honda Rancher
1 Suzuki Kingquad (old)
2 Honda Recons (old)
1 Honda Fourtrax (old)

And my dirt scooter
Old 11-16-2012, 07:23 AM   #85
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If my fan is running when I stop, I will let it idle until the fan shuts off.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #86

well got the winch line wrapped nice and neat not.
before,

with it all out,

and all nice and neat.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #87
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
not that i know of. rhino is water cooled, and i ride it balls to the wall for hours(2 even 3 hours with out stopping) and i just stop and turn it of/shut it down. i donít let it idle at all. the only time it really sits and idles is on really cold days(below like 40) i will let the atvís sit for maybe 5 min before i ride them. if it is even colder i will let sit longer. reason is so the oil and engine can get up to a good operating temp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
If my fan is running when I stop, I will let it idle until the fan shuts off.
allright thanks guys,i usually let it idle for a minute and if the fans still running i'll cut it offand leave the fan running.

i finally got my quad into 4th today and its a rush flying through the woods that fast. i might have a video or two to post later.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #88

Quote:
allright thanks guys,i usually let it idle for a minute and if the fans still running i'll cut it offand leave the fan running.

i finally got my quad into 4th today and its a rush flying through the woods that fast. i might have a video or two to post later.
no prob.

yeah i love going ball to the wall thru the woods. on some trails around here, iíll be doing 25 or 30, and thats not on the logging/haul road(haul roads are kinda like what is in my sig.) some trails have small whoops not very close. but iíll hit them at 25 or 30 and jump them. i scare anyone that is with me.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #89
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no prob.

yeah i love going ball to the wall thru the woods. on some trails around here, iíll be doing 25 or 30, and thats not on the logging/haul road(haul roads are kinda like what is in my sig.) some trails have small whoops not very close. but iíll hit them at 25 or 30 and jump them. i scare anyone that is with me.
the trail in your sig pic looks pretty nice, the trail i was on had some bumps in it and if i was going fast enough the front end would come off the ground, it was almost uncontrollable.
i need to get a spanner wrench for the suspension so i can soften it up.
i also used my quad to tow a tree.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #90
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
nvm still figuring this out, how do i upload a video from vimeo?
Old 11-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #91

Quote:
the trail in your sig pic looks pretty nice, the trail i was on had some bumps in it and if i was going fast enough the front end would come off the ground, it was almost uncontrollable.
i need to get a spanner wrench for the suspension so i can soften it up.
i also used my quad to tow a tree.
yeah thats just a haul road. but their are a lot of trails that are ATV only, and my truck wont even fit down. and iíll 25 on them, and with the dip or ďwhoopsĒ iíll end up jumping or bottoming out.
Quote:
nvm still figuring this out, how do i upload a video from vimeo?
idk. i just up load stuff to you tube.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #92
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
me: https://vimeo.com/53712271
my cousin, he hit a tree right after i stopped recording: https://vimeo.com/53713079
my cousins first attempt: https://vimeo.com/53713122
Old 11-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #93
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah thats just a haul road. but their are a lot of trails that are ATV only, and my truck wont even fit down. and iíll 25 on them, and with the dip or ďwhoopsĒ iíll end up jumping or bottoming out.

idk. i just up load stuff to you tube.
all the trails we were riding on were wide enough for his truck, i want to get a speedometer for my quad.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:35 PM   #94

Quote:
me: https://vimeo.com/53712271
my cousin, he hit a tree right after i stopped recording: https://vimeo.com/53713079
my cousins first attempt: https://vimeo.com/53713122
you did good! and tell your buddy to wear a damn helmet! not being an asshole. but i have cracked 2 helmets and even busted my head open not wearing one. only time i donít wear one is when iím going yard work. because half the time i and towing a small trailer, and getting on and off and picking of rocks, sticks or logs. all our helmets are full face.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #95
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you did good! and tell your buddy to wear a damn helmet! not being an asshole. but i have cracked 2 helmets and even busted my head open not wearing one. only time i donít wear one is when iím going yard work. because half the time i and towing a small trailer, and getting on and off and picking of rocks, sticks or logs. all our helmets are full face.
thanks, yeah i told him to but he said no, so i told him he was responsible.
i wear one everytime i ride, unless i'm just moving them around in the garage.
all our helmets are full face to except one of my sister's but she also has a full face for when we go to the dunes.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #96

Quote:
thanks, yeah i told him to but he said no, so i told him he was responsible.
i wear one everytime i ride, unless i'm just moving them around in the garage.
all our helmets are full face to except one of my sister's but she also has a full face for when we go to the dunes.
yeah. i even wear one on the rhino. back in í08 we had snow, and i was at a buddyís house. and he had a kawi mule, some how at 10MPH back end started sliding and hit a rock or something, and it flipped it onto itís side. i hit my head on the roll cage and had to get 6 stitches right above my right temple.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #97
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah. i even wear one on the rhino. back in í08 we had snow, and i was at a buddyís house. and he had a kawi mule, some how at 10MPH back end started sliding and hit a rock or something, and it flipped it onto itís side. i hit my head on the roll cage and had to get 6 stitches right above my right temple.
that sounds like it hurt, i rolled our golf cart doing a j turn it threw me off, wasn't wearing a helmet or seat belts, didn't have a roll cage at the time.
Attached Thumbnails
ATV/UTV BS.-dsc_0041.jpg   ATV/UTV BS.-dsc_0042.jpg   ATV/UTV BS.-dsc_0043.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #98
Cornfed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
a general question, decent cheap LED lights? to add on my quad the stock lights are weak at the desert.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #99

Quote:
that sounds like it hurt, i rolled our golf cart doing a j turn it threw me off, wasn't wearing a helmet or seat belts, didn't have a roll cage at the time.
lol. j turns are fun on golf carts. just donít flip them. and i have never known a golf cart to have seat belts.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #100

Quote:
a general question, decent cheap LED lights? to add on my quad the stock lights are weak at the desert.
cheap? idk. maybe just get 2 rigid D2ís or the duallyís.