Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

ATV/UTV BS.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
ATV/UTV BS.

lol. idk why but i thought we needed a BS thread. all talk about anything and every thing. riding,parts,trails, trailers. what ever.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump. think i may snorkel are rhino what you guys think?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I am going with my father in-law today to pickup a used Kawasaki Mule 610 for our farm. Should come in real handy.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #4
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have any experience plowing with one of these? Guys seems cool, says he plowed about a foot with it no problem. 54" plow.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:18 AM   #5
GO VOLS!

not bad man! friend has a 3010 with the diesel we flipped it one time in the snow. i hit my head on cage and busted it open. wear only going 10MPH. only thing that really sucks about the mule is ground clearance, speed(25MPH) and ride, not enough travel. 2” in the rear, forgot what the front has.

never plowed. but what i have read and heard. is they do really good and can plow quite a bit at a time. IMO 54” is a little small for it. i know they make a 64” and even a 72”. they say nothing bigger than the 54” unless it’s considered a big bore atv/UTV.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Weston
UNDEAD1153's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to buy a new atv....I've got a 1999 Polaris sportsman 335 but I want something with a little more power and something I'm not afraid will break down being so old haha. If only I wasn't going to tech next year....
Old 09-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #7
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDEAD1153 View Post
I would love to buy a new atv....I've got a 1999 Polaris sportsman 335 but I want something with a little more power and something I'm not afraid will break down being so old haha. If only I wasn't going to tech next year....
nice. if you do get a new one. i would not get polaris. from all the people i know with them. they have tons of problems even catching on fire. i think about the only good thing they make is the rzr. we have 2 hondas and i have beat the hell out of them. still run strong. now they are a little slower than some. but have power to do what you need.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
nice. if you do get a new one. i would not get polaris. from all the people i know with them. they have tons of problems even catching on fire. i think about the only good thing they make is the rzr. we have 2 hondas and i have beat the hell out of them. still run strong. now they are a little slower than some. but have power to do what you need.
Never had a problem with the Sportsmans we had. Or even heard of them having problems. Maybe its the older ones. The newer ones are great, Ive taken our 08 sportsman 800 everywhere. Thing can fly. Awesome power and havent had a problem with it yet even after rollling it twice (not me)
Old 09-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #9
Coolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoolerman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Coolerman's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had two Polaris 4wheelers and haven't had a problem with either of them. I have multiple friends with them too and they all seem to work great. My older Polaris(i think 95) was a 400 4x4 2 stroke with a plow. It was a little light compared to the newer 4 strokes but I used it to plow my driveway and it worked.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #10
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Weston
UNDEAD1153's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah....I'm looking at suzuki or Kawasaki. Not a huge Honda fan . The only problems I have with mine is when I cross water above the floor boards, I think water gets in the transmission and it'll just run the rpm's up till the belt catches and it'll start moving but you can tell its like its bogging down. I've done a little research and I might need a new belt drive cover. Second is the rear suspension, when ever I spin the tires and slide a little the left side suspension pops when it straightens out. Third i hit a little jump we have on our property and went maybe 3 feet high and 10 feet out but when I landed the shocks bottomed out and I hit hard scared the crap out of me! Cause when I started giving it gas it would just rev up, thought I had destroyed the thing but apparently I hit so hard it shifted into neutral. Other than that its a pretty decent atv especially for being almost 14 years old.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
Never had a problem with the Sportsmans we had. Or even heard of them having problems. Maybe its the older ones. The newer ones are great, Ive taken our 08 sportsman 800 everywhere. Thing can fly. Awesome power and havent had a problem with it yet even after rollling it twice (not me)
yeah. iív heard some are good. and they were the newer ones. saw the after math of an older rzr the went up in flames. let me find the video of that. the atv i heard someone say was only 3 years old. and that was in í10 so it was a í07.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a 1986 Honda four trax 250 I picked up for 75 bucks. The only thing that was wrong was a rusted out gas tank. I replaced it with a new plastic one and I've run the crap out of it for the past 4 years. Still runs great. My dads got a 2008 big bear 400. Great machine as well
Old 09-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #13
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I got a 2012 Rhino. It started life blue, but I plastiderped it. I'm currently saving pennies for a winch and plow. I have pics in my gallery.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #14
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I got a 2012 Rhino. It started life blue, but I plastiderped it. I'm currently saving pennies for a winch and plow. I have pics in my gallery.
nice. we have the í11 sport. donít get anything smaller than a 3k pound winch. i know our warn, the last roll of line itís like right at the weight of the rhino. so anything smaller and you could have some problems and maybe break it.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have an 08 Raptor 700 but I want a Polaris RZR...That's all I got for BS.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #16
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I have an 08 Raptor 700 but I want a Polaris RZR...That's all I got for BS.
RZRís are nice. we looked at them. but did not like that they did not have a real bed, like the rhinoís. and since we were getting to for work more. the bed it nice. mom wanted the mule 3010. but itís not any good for trail riding. all itís really good for is farm work. witch is fine for some. only thing i kinda donít like about the rhino is goes 42mph. not bad canít do that half the time on most the trails we ride. and itís nothing a new CDI/ECU canít fix.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #17
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
RZRís are nice. we looked at them. but did not like that they did not have a real bed, like the rhinoís. and since we were getting to for work more. the bed it nice. mom wanted the mule 3010. but itís not any good for trail riding. all itís really good for is farm work. witch is fine for some. only thing i kinda donít like about the rhino is goes 42mph. not bad canít do that half the time on most the trails we ride. and itís nothing a new CDI/ECU canít fix.
Yeah a RZR definitely isn't for work. I would strictly use it for recreation.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Yeah a RZR definitely isn't for work. I would strictly use it for recreation.
yep. rhino is kinda for both work and play. think if it was not for all the law suits, it would be faster. quite a bit of power hiding in that 700.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #19
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I got an 05 yfz450 too that I'm kind of trying to sell. The rzrs are badass, but like said above, mine's a work horse too, so had to have a bed. The new john deeres look pretty sweet, but they are heavy (1700#iirc). I was looking at superwinch today, the terra 3500 with synthetic was like $212, and the terra 4500 with synthetic was $281. For $70 Ill get the 4500. As long as mounting it wont f me down.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I got an 05 yfz450 too that I'm kind of trying to sell. The rzrs are badass, but like said above, mine's a work horse too, so had to have a bed. The new john deeres look pretty sweet, but they are heavy (1700#iirc). I was looking at superwinch today, the terra 3500 with synthetic was like $212, and the terra 4500 with synthetic was $281. For $70 Ill get the 4500. As long as mounting it wont f me down.
yeah. they are. but imho just a cheaper commander. witch is pretty bad ass IMHO and iíd buy it over a 800 RZR. more power and has a bed. and yeah they are heavy. but agin the rhinos kinda are as well at 1200# we paid i think $450 for our warn RT30(i think itís the RT and not the XT) dealer had them in stock.