Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Old 250 Suzuki, worth it?

Old 05-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery
Old 250 Suzuki, worth it?

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/3009788881.html

http://images.craigslist.org/5N95P05...15ac71162e.jpg

From the ad
Quote:
I have a older Suzuki 250. Was told from the 80's

Been torn town and cleaned real well then put back together.

The exhaust could use some help. Kinda straight piped right now

Runs real good. Very powerful and fast

Torn seat. Older but very fun

Make me a offer need money ASAP !!

907-XXX-XXXX any questions just ask

What I sent
Quote:

I am very interested in the bike, do you still have it?

I could pay up to 200 on Friday Night, (I live in Anchorage and will be driving down to Soldotna and could make the drive to Seward)

Could you email me some higher resolution photos of the bike? Including the "pipe exhaust"

Is it wired for a headlight?

Any service/maintenance records?
tires in relatively good shape?
Any mechanical issues that need to be addressed soon?
Do the tires hold air?
Are there any deep scratches from laying the bike over?

(I realize that most of these could be answered with pictures, hence why I would like some better quality ones since craigslist lessens the quality)

My cell is (907) XXX-XXXX and will call you tomorrow, texting is okay anytime/anyday though

Sincerely,

Kyle

What is tacomworld's opinions on this bike? I would be interested in it to learn how to ride and crash on. I know the exhaust needs work but that seems simple enough to fix, just weld on a similar exhaust or buy one.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #2
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Unless your an antique motorcycle collector i'd steer clear. It looks pretty worthless.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
^^ im going to get on board with that. i have had some super cheap motorcycle projects and they turn into headaches. if your good with mechanics then go for it. if your thinking that your getting a solid daily driver out of this..... i would say no.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #4
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
^^ im going to get on board with that. i have had some super cheap motorcycle projects and they turn into headaches. if your good with mechanics then go for it. if your thinking that your getting a solid daily driver out of this..... i would say no.
Definitely not a daily driver out of it, something to plink around mechanically on--I have fixed a few two strokes before, and the guy says it runs great now.

Just really something to learn how to ride on and maybe let others learn on, aka a trash bike I guess.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #5
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
There's no way that bike runs "good" with that pipe on it. Keep your money.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
There's no way that bike runs "good" with that pipe on it. Keep your money.
No shit.

Pinger with no expansion chamber?
Ya... it might run, but not well.

That bike has 10ft pole marks all over it.
For $200 I might pick it up as a project, but not one penny more.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
AK SnowroxKT

Well when I first called the guy wanted 400

A day later it was 250.

Now he said he would go for 125 which I thing is cheap enough for my first dirt bike to learn the basics on and tinker with when I need something to do.

And if it lasts past me lol then maybe teach others on.

Hopefully my uncle can figure out a better pipe for me (he is some big shot motorcycle mechanic in Utah)

Would this type of bike normally come with a headlight? Is it feasible to install one?