Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Should i buy this Dirt bike?

Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #21
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Thomas
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
whatever you do......Do NOT get a quad

dont hate on 4wheels.......your taco has 4 ...lol

I own quads and dirtbikes......too many to list.

I enjoy getting on a quad because it requires less effort. some days Im too tired to have my KTM 530 throw me around......and enjoy getting on the 200 blaster and kicking donuts......lol
Old 06-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #22
Banned
2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSloth View Post
A two year old on a dirt bike? Seriously?

I ride my nephews on mine all the time.......carefully of course

Helmets and all the good stuff to keep them safe.......

My 3yr old nephew likes to go fast.......we broke 60mph last weeekend.......and he was still screaming "faster, faster"
Old 06-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #23
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSloth View Post
A two year old on a dirt bike? Seriously?
yup! helmet on and a skilled, experienced and sensible rider. no big deal. they love it! 2 stroke sound may be scary to a 2yo if not familiar however.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #24
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
yup! helmet on and a skilled, experienced and sensible rider. no big deal. they love it! 2 stroke sound may be scary to a 2yo if not familiar however.

i agree my bike is a BIG 4stroker and not too loud

But my nephews love the 2stroke Blaster too...and its really loud
Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #25
TheSloth has a spectacular aura aboutTheSloth has a spectacular aura about
Name: David
TheSloth's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I just can't imagine putting my 2 year old on a motorcycle or 4 wheeler. A toddlers body is not developed well enough to take much impact at all. That is why a car seat is designed to hold a child in a position where they can hardly move. Whiplash for an adult can be deadly to a child.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #26
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionhunter93 View Post
Dont get it, you'll easily spend 500 on all the other stuff and it looks to be in pretty rough shape, look around a bit more and get a 4 stroke 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Beer View Post
Exactly. For 1200-1500. You can get a decent 05 250 4stroke

Don't waste your time or money on a 2000 125.
lol and spend 1500 on the motor alone when it blows? I would get a 125 to start out, just my opinion.

Quote:
^^THIS
Old 06-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #28
newmexico is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
newmexico's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt put my son on a Dirt bike i was saying I was thinking of getting a quad so i can give him a ride.. Trust me He wouldnt be going 30 miles an hour around a track even on a quad just a lil ride around on a quad and he would love it.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #29
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmexico View Post
I wouldnt put my son on a Dirt bike i was saying I was thinking of getting a quad so i can give him a ride.. Trust me He wouldnt be going 30 miles an hour around a track even on a quad just a lil ride around on a quad and he would love it.
Go for it. I think it's an awesome thing to get the youth involved in motor sports
Old 06-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #30
newmexico is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
newmexico's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010TRD View Post
Go for it. I think it's an awesome thing to get the youth involved in motor sports
Def. agree!!! ^^^ But when he is a little more stronger like maybe 3... I want to teach him how to shoot also... Sports... Fish... Hunt..

Proud Dad...
Old 06-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #31
Banned
2010TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmexico View Post
Def. agree!!! ^^^ But when he is a little more stronger like maybe 3... I want to teach him how to shoot also... Sports... Fish... Hunt..

Proud Dad...
Make sure you teach him conservation of resources always comes first...... We must protect the things we enjoy, like nature

I know I sound sooo hippy. Lol
Old 08-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #32
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I second or third this or wherever I am in line...

Quote:
If its your first 2 stroke bike......then def get a 125 a 250 is just gonna hurt you......not that a 125 wont.......lol
Awww Cmon they can be set up just fine you can mellow out the 2 stroke hit if thats what you mean..

But I am a power whore so....
Old 08-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #33
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Awww Cmon they can be set up just fine you can mellow out the 2 stroke hit if thats what you mean..

But I am a power whore so....
If you're just going to mellow out the 2-stroke punch, then you might as well get a 4 stroke set up for light trail riding. No point in buying a 2 stroke if you take away that powerband!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #34
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
If you're just going to mellow out the 2-stroke punch, then you might as well get a 4 stroke set up for light trail riding. No point in buying a 2 stroke if you take away that powerband!

Except for the maintenance costs..
And you wont be totally killing the powerband, just making it a little more mellow, thats all. Retard the timing by 3 degrees and it takes away some of the hit.

But I do agree that a 4 stroke is much easier to ride, and if your a new rider you hopefully wont need to do the top end too soon.

Plus 2 strokes are cheap, and parts cost less, working on them is easier due to simplicity, etc..

I ride and race 4 and 2 strokes so I am fine with either one. I like the 2 stroke for more technical riding, and I like the 4 stroke for places where I want maximum power, like the Desert where I can do 5th gear 70+mph wheelies, nothing like passing people in the washes on the back tire and they thought they were going fast, haha!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #35
Parker515 is on a distinguished road

Name: Parker
Parker515's Tacoma Gallery
Assuming the bike is perfect otherwise, I'd pick it up for the $400.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #36
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Wrenching on a bike isn't bad. Rebuild the top end is cheap. New seals in the forks are cheap. Chain and sprockets isn't too bad. A bottom end rebuild can get pricey. And a rear shock and linkage rebuild can pricey also. All comes down to what you want
Old 10-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #37
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x1000, best memories of growing up were riding excursions with my Dad, little bro, and sometimes my Mom.

OP, I'd be a bit suspicious of a 500 dollar bike just fyi, not only could it have a ton of problems, but it could be stolen for all you know. Just be wary.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #38
ekms377 is on a distinguished road

ekms377's Tacoma Gallery
$400.....the parts on it are worth that. Go for it.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #39
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I say go for it! I got a '02 250f for 500. Only issue I didn't catch was the crack in the frame at the engine mounts. Tried to rebuild it. That was over a year ago. The bike is still not put back together... :/