Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

More about UTVs/side by sides

Old 08-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
More about UTVs/side by sides

You guys that have'em...how agile are they? I'm not expecting dirt bike capability, but do they have the grunt and traction similar to say, a quad? I have access to extensive woods trails in my area, but I keep thinking these things must get stuck alot
Old 08-28-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My dad has a 06 rhino, bought it new. Its been great for him and its ridiculously capable, probably more capable than most utility quads. They're a little down on power compared to a quad(unless you get one like a razr 900/wildcat/commander 1000) but can go pretty much anywhere and haul more than a quad.
We've yet to get his rhino stuck, but it has 27" itp mudlite xt tires and a winch. Runs circles around our friends quads and trucks out in the mud, and climbs up pretty much whatever you point it at with them being locked front and back
Old 08-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
05trdsport is on a distinguished road

05trdsport's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2012 Rzr-s. 60" wide. I have ridden dirtbikes and quads all my life, after having a sxs I wouldnt go back to a quad. I still ride my bike once and a while but the sxs is so much easier and comfy to drive. I have gotten it stuck once, my tacoma would have been stuck just as easy. Id say find someone that has one and take it for a spin. You will love it. The rzr-s is quite the machine. The xp900 is insane.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #4
1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of

1raptor's Tacoma Gallery
I highly recommend the RZR never been stuck and since we have had it my raptor 700 hasnt moved it is bigger than most so you problem would be width or length if your riding in a wooded area. just trails or dirt roads there isnt anything that can keep up with it. I would get the articcrap if I was just riding dunes and the canned ham if I was just hunting but i think the RZR gives you the best overall.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question, why spend over 10 grand for one of these when you could buy a wrangler, cherokee, or even a nice first gen taco and beat the hell out of it ?
Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05trdsport View Post
I have a 2012 Rzr-s. 60" wide. I have ridden dirtbikes and quads all my life, after having a sxs I wouldnt go back
Ah! Just the sort of feedback I was looking for....Thanks 05...and Mr 1raptor that's some machine, garage too
Old 08-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I have a question, why spend over 10 grand for one of these when you could buy a wrangler, cherokee, or even a nice first gen taco and beat the hell out of it ?
X2 ???
Old 08-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of1raptor has much to be proud of

1raptor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
X2 ???
I have had jeeps and old beaters but none of them have compared to the RZR and none could keep up down a dirt road. its true you can buy a nice jeep for less but the fun factor just doesnt compare in my book. if you can get a plane for 40k why are we buying tacos?
Old 08-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
If you have to ask a question like that, you clearly havent ridden in a SxS before. Totally different animal.
That is all.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1raptor View Post
I have had jeeps and old beaters but none of them have compared to the RZR and none could keep up down a dirt road. its true you can buy a nice jeep for less but the fun factor just doesnt compare in my book. if you can get a plane for 40k why are we buying tacos?
Because the pilot costs too much ? Lol, I was just curious, I would figure the taco or jeep would last longer too, just a curious question.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
Tuctaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Todd
Tuctaco's Tacoma Gallery
This is my Rhino. This is what I beat up on instead of my truck. Very capable wheeler.
I guaranty you will not be able to get an old Jeep to handle and perform like my Rhino for the same price.
This thing drives like a Trophy truck in the desert.More about UTVs/side by sides-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346178811.994493.jpgMore about UTVs/side by sides-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346178849.410210.jpgMore about UTVs/side by sides-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346178869.596298.jpgMore about UTVs/side by sides-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346178902.675603.jpg
Old 08-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #12
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
looks nice, I always wanted one but couldn't justify the expense
Old 08-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #13

1raptor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
Ah! Just the sort of feedback I was looking for....Thanks 05...and Mr 1raptor that's some machine, garage too
Ahhh the garage thats just one small corner I worked many years on stuff out in the dirt and weather now I have a 30x60 shop/garage and hope i never have to go back.