Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Dad has bad back but loves quading

Old 11-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough

Army: 91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Austin
3RZ Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Dad has bad back but loves quading

So i just orderd the Acerbis Cosmo Protection Jacket to use with my dirtbike,
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/AC...TECTION-JACKET

My dad likes to ride quads and has a warrior, but has a bad back and even a day of medium riding and jumping in the dunes his back gives out.

Any recommendations on some sort of back support while riding? he has tried a cheap back support strap and said it help a slight bit but needs more if he is going to keep riding. He is 40
Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
hey man. idk about a back support. but maybe talk to him about trading up and getting a utv/side x side. they ride A LOT better than atvs smoother rides. going easy they don’t jar the back much at all if any. we have a ’11 rhino sport package. i’m kinda young and no back problems. but i ride the piss out of it, including jumping it. my back never hurts even after 60 miles or ride in a day. some times i’ll ride the honda rancher and if i ride it hard in the woods, my arms and back and legs all hurt for days some times. my dad who is 62 loves the rhino over an atv.

also you and your dad could ride together and even talk and have some great father and son bounding time. (i bet your dad would really like that, idk what father would not) me and dad all ways wear full face helmets like you do riding your dirtbike and we talk some. it’s hard for my dad because he is deaf in his left ear, so if i’m driving he has a hard time hearing me.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough

Army: 91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Austin
3RZ Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have actually been thinking about the sidexsides, i like the rzr 900's and my dad liked driving one of those... maybe a christmas present for him haha

Thank you!
Old 12-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RZ Taco View Post
I have actually been thinking about the sidexsides, i like the rzr 900's and my dad liked driving one of those... maybe a christmas present for him haha

Thank you!
yeah those 900ís are nice1 just a little to wide for some of our trails. we got the rhino to do yard work and take to the mountains.

and bet he would like that a lot. if you do, IMHO iíd still wear helmets. my friend use to have a mule, and we flipped it on itís side and i busted my head open on the cage. had to get 6 stitches. also had a light concussion. all in all it was not fun at all. and if iím not doing yard work with it i have a helmet on.

and no glad i could help some.