Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

North Central West Virginia ATV Trails??

Old 02-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #1
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
North Central West Virginia ATV Trails??

Are there any riders here that know of any nice atv trails around the Morgantown area or something close by? I've ridden the Hatfield-McCoy trails in the southern part of the state but have not found any public trails or parks here to ride. Everything in this area that I have found are on private land.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure how close this is to you...

George Washington National Forest?

for your other areas - find out who the land owners are and introduce yourself and ask permission. It's not that hard (and hope they don't answer the door with shotgun in hand -laugh)
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

George Washington National Forest is in Virginia, not close to me. Thanks for suggesting something. I have a few small areas to ride local, but nothing that fun or challenging. There are a couple parks in Pa. about 2 hours from me. They require you to have insurance on your ATV which I don't.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, Im in buckhannon...Lots of trails there...Pm me and i'll give ya directions to a few...
Old 02-05-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post
George Washington National Forest is in Virginia, not close to me. Thanks for suggesting something. I have a few small areas to ride local, but nothing that fun or challenging. There are a couple parks in Pa. about 2 hours from me. They require you to have insurance on your ATV which I don't.
Actually, GWNF is just across the VA line in WV, but understandable - not close to you anyway.

Get some insurance (liability), you'll be glad you did and glad you'll have a legal place to ride. The insurance thing is mostly to protect other people - in case you hurt someone else.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #6
My other car is a Bugatti
steelerfan7p will become famous soon enough

Name: Yes
Location: Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champions)
steelerfan7p's Tacoma Gallery
Bunners ridge and white day creek off the pricketts creek exit. theres all kinds up there, none of it is posted that ive seen. if you ever wanna go pm me and ill show you around.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan7p View Post
Bunners ridge and white day creek off the pricketts creek exit. theres all kinds up there, none of it is posted that ive seen. if you ever wanna go pm me and ill show you around.
I used to live on Bunners Ridge years ago but had no ATV at the time. I'm extremely busy at work this week, I will PM you when I have more time to talk about it.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
Bob225 is on a distinguished road
Bob225's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody find a place to ride in Fairmont/Morgantown area?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #9
LTZfan is on a distinguished road
LTZfan's Tacoma Gallery
I know all kinds of places to ride in Buckhannon but I need a riding buddy.