Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Would you take this project on?

Old 02-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Toyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brady
Toyota Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Would you take this project on?

So, I'v been looking for an atv for months and months with no luck finding one in my budget.

I stumbled across this and thought it could be salvageable. http://classifieds.castanet.net/deta...n_h.o/1469000/

I'm good with my hands and am pretty confident I could get this ride able by hunting season in the fall.

Its a a lot of work but Iv got the time and space so thought It would be worth it.

Iv done all the math and for new plastics, Lights, Gauges, A arms, Frame, Handle bars etc I would be into it about 2500 bucks... BUT if I rebuild with all aftermarket parts would only be about 1500.. and lots and lots of time.

So... do you think its worth it? or just to buy an older.. non trashed atv and not have all the hassle?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
an older non trashed atv could have engine problems etc, from my experience anyway LOL

honestly i would buy it, not for 2900, but i would and have fun with it. projects are always good learning experience, and a reason to drink
Old 02-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
MainahWithaYota is on a distinguished road
MainahWithaYota's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same machine but mine is 2007. Good machine, plenty of power. My advice is check out the Polaris Sportsman forum polarisATVforum.com..lots of good guys there that can help.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Polaris makes the best snowmobiles but I really dislike there four wheelers. So would I... Nope!