Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

ATV beadlocks.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
ATV beadlocks.

So my ATV or UTV had filed to plow 3 feet of snow.
It came with silly very narrow tires.
I am thinking if I can beadlock wider and little bigger (14 inch) wheels and get slightly bigger tires, atleast ATV would not sink into snow and allow me to eat at larger amount of snow.
I only found IPT making beadlocks for ATV do you know any other company?
Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
uncoordinated dirtbox
Brandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon9402 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
Brandon9402's Tacoma Gallery
ITP makes really good tires! they may be expensive but I believe they are worth it.
no personal experience with the beadlocks, but I do have a set of 25" mudlites and I love them
Old 02-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Have you considered tire chains? A 4wd ATV with chains can be a beast in the snow.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Have you considered tire chains? A 4wd ATV with chains can be a beast in the snow.
I did but chains will give me nothing. at 3 feet of snow ATV had traction on the snow but would immediately sink into the snow bottoming out. Chains would make it dig deeper and quicker and I want the ATV to stay on top of snow. The only way to get that is with bigger, wider tires and less air pressure but I am already at 5 psi so need bead-locks and ability to run at 0 PSI.
I am surprised how small amount of people runs bead locks.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The chains almost act like a paddle to keep the ATV on top of the snow. We always ran them and it was impressive what the ATV's would claw it's way through. We had a stock Honda 300 4x4 though. ATV's these days are getting ridiculous, monster engines which make them a lot heavier than the ones we had growing up. Hell, back then a 500 was a beast!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #6

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The chains almost act like a paddle to keep the ATV on top of the snow. We always ran them and it was impressive what the ATV's would claw it's way through. We had a stock Honda 300 4x4 though. ATV's these days are getting ridiculous, monster engines which make them a lot heavier than the ones we had growing up. Hell, back then a 500 was a beast!
No man, old ATV's would come with wider tires from factory, now those companies are just cheap so they give you street racing wheels. My ATV is 500 it has plenty of power but can't stay on the top of snow. Only sad part those beadlocks are crazy expensive and with tires looks like over a grand to be spend even on cheapest ones.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #7

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so I was posting somethign else and realized i forgot to post here.
ITP beadlocks are the only item I found fitting my Kymco but those seem to have beadlocks only on the outside.

"F#$% !!" fake $hit.

So new plan hatched in my head.
Fuse powersports supposedly sells beadlock kit. I would need ttwo of them to convert steel RIM's into beadlocks

Anybody try that kit?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17Pg--PBqQ
Old 03-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #8
Smallwallman is on a distinguished road
Smallwallman's Tacoma Gallery
DWT makes bead locks
Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #9
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
I've used HiPer Carbonfiber beadlocks before on my Banshee....expensive though. I'd try chains.

http://hiperracingwheels.com/
Old 10-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #10
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
pretty old post. but something i noticed when i kinda looked at beadlocks is most for atv’s and utv’s only have the bead lock ring on the out side, and not on both sides. I also read a lot on them and there was/is not really a big need for both sides to have lock rings, at least not for ATVS and UTVS.