Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Quad vs dirtbike?!

Old 03-03-2013, 11:25 PM   #21
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAntipop View Post
Why is it that people w bikes look down on people w quads but people w quads dont do the same to people w bikes?
Well in my case it's because out where I ride there used to be tons of awesome single track everywhere, but recently the quads have found their way out there and ruined all of it by whooping it all out.
They also tend to not practice safe riding by drinking, not wearing safety gear, etc. Of course I won't say they all do this but there is definitely a correlation here. It makes all of us look bad to the hippies trying to shut down the riding spots.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #23
MrAntipop is on a distinguished road
Name: Donnie
MrAntipop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Well in my case it's because out where I ride there used to be tons of awesome single track everywhere, but recently the quads have found their way out there and ruined all of it by whooping it all out.
They also tend to not practice safe riding by drinking, not wearing safety gear, etc. Of course I won't say they all do this but there is definitely a correlation here. It makes all of us look bad to the hippies trying to shut down the riding spots.
That makes sense. It happens when i talk to people in real life too so i guess theres others that feel the same
Old 03-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Couch ride for life .
Im def good at that
Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #25
Maybe i should just get a badass golf cart!!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #26
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Maybe i should just get a badass golf cart!!
lol, those are real panty droppers.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #27
Quote:
lol, those are real panty droppers.
Id get some baddass gold spinner rims and a sweet sound system
Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I cant even find the off topic forum unless i hit ur link
Old 03-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #29
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Just go LT with your truck and you won't have to worry about either.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSurfPhotography View Post
Just go LT with your truck and you won't have to worry about either.
Whats LT haha im new remember?!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #31
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
Go with the dirtbike. The quads give a false sense of safety for beginners. Ive had a few friends who went the quad route first....1 broke his arm and the other his collar bone. Its too easy to ride over your head on a quad.

Also if you have problems on the trail you can push a dirtbike back to your truck but a quad...hell no!

RJM
Old 03-03-2013, 11:47 PM   #32
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Real men ride dirtbikes

You're not into falling? Who is? I'm sure not into that either! But I wouldn't be caught dead owning a quad. It's not about the falling, it's about the riding.
Quote:
bikes are safer, lighter, cheaper, better in every way.

Don't be a quadtard.
. Theres nothing wrong with quads OP. It honestly all depends on what kind of riding you will be doing and which you prefer. You should try out both and make your decision from there. Also the bikes being safer is bs
Old 03-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #33
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
. Theres nothing wrong with quads OP. It honestly all depends on what kind of riding you will be doing and which you prefer. You should try out both and make your decision from there. Also the bikes being safer is bs
this.

i ride a quad because i can't balance for crap, and i like the overall stability of the platform.

ride before you make your decision.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
this.

i ride a quad because i can't balance for crap, and i like the overall stability of the platform.

ride before you make your decision.
Yea i def thought about the balance issue
Old 03-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #35
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whats LT haha im new remember?!
Long Travel your Tacoma you won't have to worry about broken bones unless you crash it. But I started riding a dirt bike when I was 5 or 6 and I've been on one ever since so I'm a little biased. Once you get the hang of a dirt bike they're fun as hell. But quads are much easier to learn on my dad had one for a little before switching back to a bike and it was fun to mess around for a little on but a bike just has a different feeling you don't get with a bike. An advantage of a quad is that you get put coolers on the back and cruise all day, but bikes you'll be able to get in much tighter places.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #36
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
getta four-wheeler. i cant balance for crap on a motorcycle dirtbike. honda ftw
Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #37
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSurfPhotography View Post
Long Travel your Tacoma you won't have to worry about broken bones unless you crash it. But I started riding a dirt bike when I was 5 or 6 and I've been on one ever since so I'm a little biased. Once you get the hang of a dirt bike they're fun as hell. But quads are much easier to learn on my dad had one for a little before switching back to a bike and it was fun to mess around for a little on but a bike just has a different feeling you don't get with a bike. An advantage of a quad is that you get put coolers on the back and cruise all day, but bikes you'll be able to get in much tighter places.
He's in vegas, so I don't know how tight of places he'll be getting into, but I would think it wouldn't really be an issue?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #38
braaap

Quote:
would you rather have a 400lb quad or a 210lb bike land on you?
Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #39
Quote:
He's in vegas, so I don't know how tight of places he'll be getting into, but I would think it wouldn't really be an issue?
Yea i think 75% of my riding will be a big open desert area about 2 mins from my house. Justdrive out the garage and hope i dont see a cop before i hit the desert
Old 03-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #40
Quote:
would you rather have a 400lb quad or a 210lb bike land on you?
Who says either will land on me?! I dont think i would do anything crazy enough to flip a 400lb quad on me