Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Quad vs dirtbike?!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
MrAntipop is on a distinguished road
Name: Donnie
MrAntipop's Tacoma Gallery
Quad vs dirtbike?!

Looking at getting a quad or a dirtbike. Anybody who has either please chime in w opinions or reasons as to what made you buy 1 vs the other. Im leaning twards a quad im more of a casual rider i wont be racing or jumping or doing any other crazy shit. I feel like a quads a bit more my style easier to just kinda cruise around on. Give me some feed back please!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Depends where you plan to ride, what kind of terrain, who with, by yourself or double. I prefer dirt bike jsut because i can fit places way easier, go faster, and launch off shit if i want to. I have some large polaris sportsman quads but those are for leasurly road cruising.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
Im new bulla i dont know what the hell im doing haha but thanks
Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Its cool. Most people don't know about the other forums here. Some people might jump all over you for this tho. Everything usually ends up in 2nd gen.
Lots of people here have lots of cool hobbies. I'm a supermoto guy myself.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
It would be alot of open desert areas as i live in vegas. I feel like w a quad its less easy to it since theres 4 wheels i wont get stuck in ruts or hit a large rock or what not
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
Give me some feed back! I like the way bikes look better but not really into falling and eating crap
Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
you can still eat shit pretty bad on a quad!
On a bike, you usually fall off on the inside, go over the bars, or just plain get thrown off. On a quad, you usually roll it and it lands on top of you.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #10
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Real men ride dirtbikes

You're not into falling? Who is? I'm sure not into that either! But I wouldn't be caught dead owning a quad. It's not about the falling, it's about the riding.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #11
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSurfPhotography View Post
Have you rode either before?
It sounds like a no lol
Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
If I was you I would try to ride a buddies bike or quad before you plan on buying.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
My view (been riding since i was 4 years old)

If you plan to ride with other people (Wife, kids, friends Ect) Get a quad I LOVE Dirtbikes but every since i got with my bike i could not stand to ride mine when we went out with her family cause its just not fun to ride slow on a dirtbike. On a quad i can go out and piddle around with them and have fun on a nice slow relaxing ride or go haul ass and have a blast flying by trees and jumping climbing what i feel like... Quad is just the best way to go imo now that i do not race or ride tracks anymore.

Hope that helps! have a blast with whatever you get
Old 03-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #14
I use to ride a dirtbike when i was 10 and i rode an auto quad in mexico on my honey moon. I dont need a dirtbike to "feel" like a real man i wanna get what i will enjoy riding and what would be more practical for me. I have a friend who has a dirtbike so if i gOt a quad i could always ride his
Old 03-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
Is maintenance about the same on both?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #16
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
bikes are safer, lighter, cheaper, better in every way.

Don't be a quadtard.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
Very nice how much?

With the amount of experience you have I would say quad, because you are less likely to hurt yourself as bad. And yes maintanence is about the same.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
Why is it that people w bikes look down on people w quads but people w quads dont do the same to people w bikes?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #19
anarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanarion55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
anarion55's Tacoma Gallery
I have both - A KX250 2-stroke MXer, and a KFX400 sportquad. Each has strengths & weaknesses. The bike is scary fast, but more of a challenge in soft stuff. The quad is easier to ride casually, but at 400+ pounds, is punishing at speed in rough terrain. But it DOES have reverse, which helps in tight stuff.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #20
I have a buddy whos selling a raptor 660 02 for 2k. Too much bike for a rookie if i go quad?