View Poll Results: Which one: Racing or 4x4 ATV
4x4 255 60.00%
Racing 170 40.00%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #41
Addicted Mod'r
ToyoComp is on a distinguished road

ToyoComp's Tacoma Gallery
I hear you on the RZR as that does look like a nice set up. The Rhino is a good all around vehicle and it certainly gives you flexibility with work stuff. Polaris has done a good job reading the market and I'll bet that would be a fun machine to have for dune or trails.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #42
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoComp View Post
I hear you on the RZR as that does look like a nice set up. The Rhino is a good all around vehicle and it certainly gives you flexibility with work stuff. Polaris has done a good job reading the market and I'll bet that would be a fun machine to have for dune or trails.
i have ridden with a couple RZRs and they look to be a good time. didn't witness any high jumps, but saw some pretty crazy hillclimbs. one of the two snapped an axle shortly after we hit the trail though.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #43
Addicted Mod'r
ToyoComp is on a distinguished road

ToyoComp's Tacoma Gallery
Bet that wasn't a cheap fix knowing what high performance ATV axles cost. I've broken plenty of stuff on my ATVs over the years but I could usually push or drag it back to the truck. That would be a little difficult with the side by sides.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #44
UrbanOffroader has a spectacular aura aboutUrbanOffroader has a spectacular aura aboutUrbanOffroader has a spectacular aura about
UrbanOffroader's Tacoma Gallery
as said before. if youre not constantly in mud or some other kind of hellish terrain, go for the sport atv. my z400 can go anyplace my rincon or king quad can go. it is a bit more work for the rider but its more fun and challenging as said before.

pics!!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #45
j_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant future

Name: catdick
j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a racer at heart. Quad is blew up right now, ordering another crank sometime this week hopefully. Here are some pics
Florida practice

Florida race... 2nd off the line

Another

Right before it decided it was gonna grenade on me
Old 07-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #46
brad07 is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
brad07's Tacoma Gallery
Only way to go

Trx 450r
Old 07-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #47
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
SUZUKI LT-R 450!! race ready
Attached Thumbnails
Racing or 4x4 ATV?-022_22.jpg  
Old 07-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #48
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
racing ones are way more fun. you can still take them in the hills and stuff and go real fast! i live in tillamook oregon and do alot of quading and dirt biking and the 4x4 can get boring after a while.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:20 AM   #49
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Wow. Thats really and unfair comparison. LOL. TOTALLY different machines and purpose. I'd still keep my 450 though if it were one or the other. The Rhino is fun, but in a different way. We use it mainly for driving around our property and doing chores- hauling firewood, wood chips, etc. Compared to my quad its slow as hell, but still fun to drive. The aftermarket tires/wheels make a big difference in how it handles and performs. Their extra weight and size slows acceleration but it goes EVERWERE with them on it. If we only had the rhino, no doubt it would have some money dumped into the motor and a few grand thrown into suspension. We've jumped the rhino its fair share of times, but it wasnt really designed to be driven that way; it was designed to perform well under all conditions from slow to fast. Doing those mods alone would make it a whole different animal. When it comes down to it though, if I were to buy a SXS for recreation first and work/chores 2nd, then the Polaris RZR S or Kawasaki Teryx Sport would be the one I'd get. They simply have potential for being faster than the rhino, and in the case of the RZR S, it really comes from the factory ready with good LT suspension and the ability to rail it through whoops and over jumps.
rhino kicks ass! ahha
Old 08-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #50
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
if i had the room and the money.......i'd get myself a honda rancher or foreman 4x4 with the manual tranny...........or a nice yamaha 4x4.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #52
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I use my Outlaw 525 IRS for easy/medium fast pace trail riding, the Grizzly 450 harder exploring type rides(automatic is the way to go), and the TRX 450R for the dunes.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #53
t-com09 is on a distinguished road

t-com09's Tacoma Gallery
i'm a fan of the ltr450
Old 10-14-2009, 09:48 AM   #54
Quitting is for Quitters
awymore997 has a spectacular aura aboutawymore997 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Andrew
awymore997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
missing my Predator............ sold it last month....

Best Decision ever....if your buyin a race bike get a real one.....
Old 11-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #55
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
form......or.........function?
Old 11-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #56
ELmx479 is on a distinguished road
ELmx479's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you need a utility quad for yard work, hunting, etc... I would rather have a sport quad by far. There is so much more you can do with a sport quad. I actually raced mx on a quad for 5 years and I just have an LT-R450 now and just ride for fun.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #57
dtr_duck is on a distinguished road
Army: squad leader/ team leader 1083rd combat hett maintanice
Name: steven
dtr_duck's Tacoma Gallery
ok just another bias opinion here but i have been the proud owner of a kawasaki brute force sence 06 when i bought it new. and i would put it up against any racing quad in a drag and git that quad a hell of a run for its money and all i have is a pipe jet kit and ignition module on it. now on a track with some diff shocks i could keep up not win by no means cause there is no way i am taking a brute and atempting a triple with it. as for the water i have installed snorkles on mine. and i am still running the factory belt with no problems and i dog on mine a lot when it is not riding the trails of lousiana or east tx it is at the race track pushing around a 2500lbs wing modified. ass for the weight i have had it on top of me twice and have gotten it off of me bymyself and put it back on all 4 and i promise you i have as much fun go just as fast as the bikes that have been mentioned and if i wanted to go faster i know where to go to be able to any quad to shame in a drag
Old 11-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #58
ELmx479 is on a distinguished road
ELmx479's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_duck View Post
ok just another bias opinion here but i have been the proud owner of a kawasaki brute force sence 06 when i bought it new. and i would put it up against any racing quad in a drag and git that quad a hell of a run for its money and all i have is a pipe jet kit and ignition module on it. now on a track with some diff shocks i could keep up not win by no means cause there is no way i am taking a brute and atempting a triple with it. as for the water i have installed snorkles on mine. and i am still running the factory belt with no problems and i dog on mine a lot when it is not riding the trails of lousiana or east tx it is at the race track pushing around a 2500lbs wing modified. ass for the weight i have had it on top of me twice and have gotten it off of me bymyself and put it back on all 4 and i promise you i have as much fun go just as fast as the bikes that have been mentioned and if i wanted to go faster i know where to go to be able to any quad to shame in a drag

Be careful with that quad in the water. They are known for a good deal of engine problems. The brute force runs pretty good for a 4x4 but in no way would you even come close to a 450 sport quad on a track. And mod for mod the 450's will smoke the brute in a drag race also.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #59
j_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant futurej_cyrus has a brilliant future

Name: catdick
j_cyrus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_duck View Post

Drag, mx track, woods track... Here's my old utility killer

Old 11-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #60
dtr_duck is on a distinguished road
Army: squad leader/ team leader 1083rd combat hett maintanice
Name: steven
dtr_duck's Tacoma Gallery
go to you tube and look it up i think it is called brute at the drags and you will see what i am talking about and you do know there is a 1000 kit out there for it along with a tubo kit that will push well over 100+hp to the whells ( the belt dont last long though a couple of races then it is smoked)and on the water thing yes it would hert the brute very badly and very fast if you got water in it wich i have seen happen on a none snorkled and a few snorkled brute and it was desasterous for them as for me i will never loan my out again. but right now best bang for buck and the most usadge you can not go wrong with a brute