Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

2010 Yamaha YZ450F...

Old 09-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
Braaaaap!
Motoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to behold

Name: Caleb
Motoknuckle's Tacoma Gallery
2010 Yamaha YZ450F...

I'm literally shocked. It's so simple that it's genius..

I'm not a big fan of Yamaha...but I give them props. Myself being a motorcycle tech...it amazes me how they have designed this engine.

Here's a link to a video.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr...09/0/home.aspx
Old 09-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a Daam Nice bike! I like the changes, and I wonder what the ower rating is.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Braaaaap!
Motoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to beholdMotoknuckle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thats a Daam Nice bike! I like the changes, and I wonder what the ower rating is.
It was just released today. I've been following the updates with this bike and now that I see the pictures I think it's amazing.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
wow thats amazing
Old 09-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoknuckle View Post
It was just released today. I've been following the updates with this bike and now that I see the pictures I think it's amazing.
Not sure if I would call it "amazing"...More like "Doh!"...Why didnt they do it that way from the start? Im wondering what kind of affect some of these changes may have on the auto industry. The off set bore in particular. The thing I wonder about having the bore offset, though, is that its gonna put the con rod at an extreme angle on the compresion/exhaust stroke.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
Braaaaap!

Quote:
Not sure if I would call it "amazing"...More like "Doh!"...Why didnt they do it that way from the start? Im wondering what kind of affect some of these changes may have on the auto industry. The off set bore in particular. The thing I wonder about having the bore offset, though, is that its gonna put the con rod at an extreme angle on the compresion/exhaust stroke.
I thought the same thing. I said to myself "now why the hell didn't I think of that?!"

They actually want it at an angle. They have it so where the angle of the connecting rod reduces piston friction with the cylinder. It actually makes sense and should give it great piston and ring durability.

Just remember...this engine spins in the opposite direction.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:47 PM   #7

Quote:
I thought the same thing. I said to myself "now why the hell didn't I think of that?!"

They actually want it at an angle. They have it so where the angle of the connecting rod reduces piston friction with the cylinder. It actually makes sense and should give it great piston and ring durability.

Just remember...this engine spins in the opposite direction.
I know it spins opposite. And they Claim it reduces friction. I can see this being the case on the Pwer stroke, as the force is being applied straight down thru the con rod to the crank, but look at the angle of the con rod on the compresion/exhaust stroke. I guess in a performance engine, it wont matter, but Im curious as to what the engine longevity will be.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
Braaaaap!

Quote:
I know it spins opposite. And they Claim it reduces friction. I can see this being the case on the Pwer stroke, as the force is being applied straight down thru the con rod to the crank, but look at the angle of the con rod on the compresion/exhaust stroke. I guess in a performance engine, it wont matter, but Im curious as to what the engine longevity will be.
Yeah...I wonder if there will be any bugs in this new EFI system. Honda is having hot start and camshaft de-compression issues...
Old 09-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Yeah...I wonder if there will be any bugs in this new EFI system. Honda is having hot start and camshaft de-compression issues...
I heard about Honda. Seems in the last 5 years or so Yamaha has made some pretty big steps in their electronics. Im not thinking they will have any issues. BUT....We'll see.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #10
Braaaaap!

Quote:
I heard about Honda. Seems in the last 5 years or so Yamaha has made some pretty big steps in their electronics. Im not thinking they will have any issues. BUT....We'll see.
Yup...only time will tell.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Yup...only time will tell.
I DO think it kick ass that they have a tuner option. Gone are the days of fucking with carbs. Thank GOD!