Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

This is why you wear your helmet.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
This is why you wear your helmet.

So im bored, heres my story.

Last year september, we we camping and quading up by payson, az on the rim, and we were having a good time. About the 4th day there my gf and i had an argument or something, so i decided to go our riding alone. ( bad idea also.) I had a 96 Polaris 400 sport. It was very nice 2 stroke, twist throttle quad. It was also raining pretty hard, AND I wasnt wearing a helmet.

So i go out and im doing about 40-50 mph pn this dirt road, and i hit this jump that i dont see. Well it was all good, but when i came down to land, my front right tire hit a big puddle as my left tire stayed on solid groung. This caused the bike to flip, throwing me off.

I ended up being thrown about 30 feet, rolled 10 times and skid onmy face another 5-10 feet. My quad rolled into a tree.

I was laying on the ground for i dont know how long. Then another group of riders came, and saw me. The quad was still running so they drove that back to my camp and put me in a rhino and drove me back as well. My gf and her mom drove me down to the hospital which was about 45 mins away.

I was in the hospital about 7 hours, had a bunch of ct scans x rays and everything, but luckily nothing was even broken!!! My face didnt turn out so well, and my left side was pretty torn up. My hospital bill ended up being 21,000 dollars.

Moral of the story, Always ride with other people. Always wear protective gear, espessially helmet, and BE SAFE!!

Heres pics of what my face looked like after a day or 2.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
damm yea i know all about waring helmets it saved my life last year in my motorcycle wreck my bill was 350,000 3 weeks in a private room tons of xrays mri's had a iv in my neck and my arm for over two weeks you are a lucky man o yea i broke ribs arm leg and had to have 6 blood transfuses
Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Good post. ALWAYS ware your helmets people!

I ended up with a fractured skull, numerous broken ribs, a hole in my side, and one serious medical bill three years ago when I decided to go for a spin on the dirt bike without my helmet. The one time you don't ware it, could quite possibly be the last.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
id say you're one lucky SOB
Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Motoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
Motoxerc0's Tacoma Gallery
Always wear your helmet. I always ride with mine when i ride regardless of what im doing. Even if im just putting around warming up the bike i wear a helmet. I had a good buddy steve flip his quad over the summer and he wasnt wearing a helmet. Ended up about 30 feet away from the quad after flipping about 15 times in the air. Man i thought he was dead. He wasnt moving or anything for about 5 mins. He ended up with a severe concussion dislocated collar bone and broken arm. Sorry for the rant, I just suggest never to ride with out a helmet.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #6
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yes always ride with helmet. It could save your life. you never know when something is gong to go wrong
Old 12-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
paulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to beholdpaulm09tacoma is a splendid one to behold
Name: paul
paulm09tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
good advise. hope everyone rides with a helmet.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #8
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Helmet saved my life! I missed a berm and went off a hill and my quad ran me over. I had all the gear but my pants still ripped and I had cactus thorns all over.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #9
Blue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue Hooligan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Blue Hooligan's Tacoma Gallery
I was in a nasty mountain bike accident last year. Broke both arms and had a nasty concussion. I was wearing a helmet, but probably would have died if I didn't have one on.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
btkicker will become famous soon enough
btkicker's Tacoma Gallery
toyotadude5, Did you have insurance for he hospital bills?
Old 12-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #11
btkicker will become famous soon enough
btkicker's Tacoma Gallery
blue, ouch.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #12
dman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddman597 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
dman597's Tacoma Gallery
lol

but for real good thing you did not get hurt REAL BAD
Old 12-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by btkicker View Post
toyotadude5, Did you have insurance for he hospital bills?
yes i did, the bill was like 21000, but i only had to pay 1200
Old 12-19-2009, 11:59 PM   #14
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotadude5 View Post
yes i did, the bill was like 21000, but i only had to pay 1200
Not as big of a bill but still sucks. : /
Old 02-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #15
Tackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to behold

Tackz's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you're ok, but wearing your helmet should be a given. I had a good friend who died in front of his house, literally. Only in second gear, tried to do a stoppie, lost it & fell onto the curb hitting his head. No helmet=dead. Completely unnecessary.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:08 AM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery

I am so glad you are still alive to tell your story.
you sir are a miracle & spared from an accident most would not survive.
We've lost 5 people on the trails just this year due to improper or no headgear + speed + riding above their ability.
Sorry this happened, those pics are brutal.