Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

anyone have a yamaha yfz 450

Old 03-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #2
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
i got one..ask away hahaha
Old 03-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #3
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 04 but don't know ALL that much about it mechanicly... :S
Old 03-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
red neck toy is on a distinguished road
Name: earle
red neck toy's Tacoma Gallery
well it traded an old chev y truck for an 06 special edition. it looks brand new.
but it doesnt run quite right. if i hit the gas it almost dies out but when i gradually get on it its fine.
i pulled the carb and it looked clean but it was too confusing of a carb for me to mess with lol
Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red neck toy View Post
well it traded an old chev y truck for an 06 special edition. it looks brand new.
but it doesnt run quite right. if i hit the gas it almost dies out but when i gradually get on it its fine.
i pulled the carb and it looked clean but it was too confusing of a carb for me to mess with lol
could be tons of things..what kind of gas are you running in it?

or the valves could need adjsting,

or the air filter could be really dirty,

but most likely the carb just needs adjusting, like the iddel or the throttle cables might have too much play in them.
or put a new plug in it
hard to tell really, but it can be fixed
Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #6
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The yfz450 is known to have a "bog" when you apply full throttle. I used to log onto a YFZ forum and that's where I learned that from. I'm not sure if it could also be something else but that's my guess.

If you give it lots of gas, it will bog a bit...

Check out yfzcentral.com
It's a yfz450 & yfz450R forum. VERY informative stuff there.

search for "bog" or something like that. You should get lots of help at that forum.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
ScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedScottyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Scott
ScottyKC's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2005 suzuki RMZ 450. I had the same problem. I stored the bike in a shed under my deck. It was always moist in there and it ended up screwing up my carb. I looked at the carb and it looked good and clean. The bike shop replaced gaskets and it ran great after that.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #8
no its not just a bog. like i cant even lift the wheels off the ground or punch it around a corner cuz it just it nothing. i almost get thrown into the bars. and then it kicks in and almost throws me off the back haha.
alright ill check that forum out thanks.
one more question tho is my header supposed to glow red?? lol ive heard its normals on these but is it really?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:20 PM   #10

derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
mine never glows red! but it runs hot as hell.

is your radiator good?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #11
i just looked up on that yfz central site. it says it normal for a glowing header. cuz its only a single walled pipe or something.
the engine runs normal temp. just the header glows red. i noticed that last night. i havnt even riden the thing yet just up and down my drive way. i got it over the winter so thats why.

i just cant understand why it runs fine except for when i punch it.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #13
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
shoulda got a honda
Old 03-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #14
lowchef is on a distinguished road

lowchef's Tacoma Gallery
sound like your running lean...you probabbly need to rejet it...
Old 03-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #15

derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
fixed the problem tonight.
looked it up on yfz central.com
it was where the throttle cable attaches inside the carb.
the screw thing and plastic piece was separating so i did the "zip-tie mod" and now it runs beautiful
hahaha i called that one hahaha jkjk

glad u got it fixed
Old 03-18-2010, 03:38 AM   #16
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
fixed the problem tonight.
looked it up on yfz central.com
it was where the throttle cable attaches inside the carb.
the screw thing and plastic piece was separating so i did the "zip-tie mod" and now it runs beautiful
Just saw this thread..was going to suggest this ^^, glad you got it fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowchef View Post
sound like your running lean...you probabbly need to rejet it...
But I 2nd this ^^...you might want to check your jetting, check the condition of your spark plug after riding a bit and see how it looks.
It is ok for the header to glow a little, but if its bright solid red that is a problem and it shouldn't glow from just a little ride down the street.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:00 AM   #17
yeah im new to yfz's i had a fully modded kfx 400 before. but everything on the yfz is different lol.
i ran it around yesterday and the header was glowing while it was sitting there warming up but after i rode around i pulled in the shop and shut the lights off and it was just slightly glowing
Old 03-18-2010, 04:29 AM   #18
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah im new to yfz's i had a fully modded kfx 400 before. but everything on the yfz is different lol.
i ran it around yesterday and the header was glowing while it was sitting there warming up but after i rode around i pulled in the shop and shut the lights off and it was just slightly glowing
The header shouldn't be any more red than your KFX got...it shouldn't look like it just came out of a fire . A slight glow is normal.

What's done to the YFZ?

I have a LTZ400, LTR450 and YFZ450...the YFZ has been the hardest to tune.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:06 AM   #19
Dan893 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Dan893's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dan893
If your header is glowing just warming up it's usually a sighn your bike is running to lean. I know almost every bike Now comes on the lean now for emissions. I know on the ktms also have a leak jet and accelerator pump I know I had to mess with that on my 250sxf to get rid of bogging when you cracked it open out of a turn it would sometimes hesitate and then takeoff like a rocket