Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

NEED HELP buying a UTV!!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #1
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
NEED HELP buying a UTV!!!!

Ok so I have decided that I want to sell my three dirtbikes and I want to buy a UTV.....I think this would be cooler to have because I can take my girlfriend out in it, as well as friends who dont know how to ride dirtbikes. the help I need is I dont know what to look for in a UTV and I dont know whats good or bad. please give me all the info i would need to look at when buying a sweet UTV that can do some heavy duty offroading (dunes, River, Desert anything) PICTURES ARE ALWAYS WELCOMED

thanks guys
Old 04-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of use will it get? All recreational? Or some work also? Terrain you'll be using it on?
Old 04-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #4
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
I am thinking like alot of Sand and the desert I like to go to has alot of rocky terrain to i imagine i am gonna have to get one that can take a beating
Old 04-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok, so sounds like some long travel suspension is a must. Im sure you'd want the most power/performance you can get also. With that in mind, i'd recommend you take a look at the Polaris RZR S (even though im not the biggest fan of polaris, this is about the best performing one out there), also maybe look into the Kawasaki Teryx and a quality long travel system for it. The motor in the Teryx has some awesome potential.

840cc built motor Teryx(stock suspension):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAlK97z31k4
Old 04-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #7

I'd say dont go below a 660cc Rhino. My dad's got one and we take it to the dunes every once in a while. Its underpowered for climbing IMO, and governed to about 40mph stock(with aftermarket clutching for the CVT and a rev box it should be capable of 50). Its great on trails with the front and rear independent and lockers though, plenty of power there. The RZR 800 will do about 60mph stock, Teryx 750 somewhere in the 50's stock.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #8
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Polaris RZR S
Old 04-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #9
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
i have a RZR and they are bad ass. plus the new ones have 4 seaters or longtravel stock. look at the RZR s.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #11
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
RZR if you want it purely for recreation. There are quite a few choices if you want one that can be used for work though.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #12
JLock
JLock is on a distinguished road

JLock's Tacoma Gallery
I agree......you want a RZR if it's purely play and a teryx if you plan on doing any work.