Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

Utv

Old 05-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #1
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Utv

so, i'm shopping the side by side market. looking at all different makes/models. it will be primarily used for chores, but also for fun. currently looking at: Yamaha Rhino, Honda Big Red, Kawisaki Teryx, and John Deere XUV.

not really planning to mod one out 'cept maybe for some tires/wheels. reliability is a big factor for me.

those that have owned sidexsides...please give me your honest impressions of the machine you have/had.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
Mckeown343
Kyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really nice

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
The Kawasaki Teryx is the one I would buy the suspension that it comes with stock is pretty nice. The fastest UTV except for the Polaris RZR. The Rhino is slower and has had its problems (doors, wheelbase too short ect.) . Its completely up to you. I worked for a company called I Shock and i was around these things all day. In my opinion the Teryx is bad ass. Good luck!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino 700, or Teryx IMO.

My dad has the older 660 Rhino and we've run the hell out of it and it keeps coming back for more. It's surprised us many times in its abilities offroad once you get some larger aftermarket tires on it.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:15 AM   #4
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the suggestions gentlemen. i ended up with a Kubota RTV900. i was wanting something sportier, but it's main use will be for working, so i went the utility route. maybe i can get a "fun" UTV at a later time