Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > All Terrain Vehicles

Notices

GoPro Hero helmet cam is awesome!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
GoPro Hero helmet cam is awesome!

So a few months ago i got a gopro helmet cam. This thing is awesome, i ride in Texas at every track imaginable and this thing is perfect for capturing the tracks to show buddies. Ill attach some of the videos ive taken so far, let me know what ya think.

This is also a discussion topic so if you have any questions regarding your camera or just wanna off your videos, lets see them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8I5Vwu0wPQ

Del Valley in around Austin Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGDM3n6ateA

Cross creek, in Elgin Texas
Old 06-28-2010, 08:16 AM   #2
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
that thing is cool. like a first person shooter but for bikes.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, Yea you cant go wrong with the HD. it really wasnt that expensive either. Its really tiny and has a freakin wide lens. I watched it on my 55in Led tv and the quality is amazing. When people roost you, you could actually see the roost and it was clear.

When i get back home from Iraq in August, we are going to try to mount it on the side of the helmet and see how that works out.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #4
McGrubber

Yea we tried it with the suction cup but my buddy layed it over and it fell off so we never tried it again, it did look cool thats why i wanna put a permanent mount on it.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy Tim has one and he likes to suction cup it to the side or roof of his truck when he goes out wheeling. It gets some sick shots for sure.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
McGrubber

That is a freaking amazing idea! why did that never cross my mind?
Old 06-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Bad ass bro... I wanna get one when we roll to Pismo beach!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #8
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
ya these things are sick i got mine back in january i think and i use it for just about everything i do.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
here's mine on my chest skydiving
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBdySLHL8GA
Old 06-28-2010, 02:31 PM   #10
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome vids!
I got a GoPro HD for my birthday last year
I use it for snowmobiling, skiing, mountain biking & on the motorcycle. Definitely happy with the versatility of the camera.
Nice thread!
Old 06-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #11
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to find one to use on my shotgun for our annual pheasant hunt this November in Kansas. The kind similar to the one Tom Knapp uses from Benelli. Any suggestions?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobord552 View Post
you could get a gopro with a handlebar mount and just put the handle bar mount arround the barrel.
X2 thats what i was going to say maybe i'll try this on my 22 later and post a video haha
Old 06-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #13
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i filmed most of this video with the camera mounted to the side of my helmet and my friends helmet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlD4-US_7zI
hey what do you use to edit your go pro videos. i cant find anything to work with mine. they always come out all jumpy and crap
Old 06-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
brandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brandon
brandob9's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some whitewater kayaking vids I shot with my HD:

East Fork Lewis in Washington, shot in HD but not uploaded as such:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZamjDdM7c8

High water run on the Clackamas in Oregon, 720p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nrcwU6s10E
Old 06-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #15
toyotacoma is on a distinguished road
toyotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got the std def. one i use mountain biking. Really fun to play around with =]
Old 06-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #16
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wow thats insane, have you ever tried spraying rain-x on the lens (the stuff for windshields) i spray it on when i use mine for wake boarding and the water runs right off the lens so theres no water drops in the video
where do you stick your when you wake board? ever afraid of it falling off and sinking?
Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #17
Timicha

Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we did a few different things, we suction cuped it to the board, used the head strap and we used the head strap to strap it around the boot, and yea i was a little worried about losing it so we put a leash on it and used a little boowie(sp?) that we took off the boat key and tied it to the camera so it floated incase it does fall off
good idea, i'm probably gonna try this sometime this summer. i think they make little life jackets that go around the gopro's also that you can get off ebay for like 10 bucks and they are bright orange
Old 06-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #18
McGrubber

Awesome videos guys, Really cool places, ive never kayaked before but it looks fun.

The shotgun idea may actually work. I may have to test when i get back from Iraq in August.

Also we had wanted to use it on the wakeboard but i was always scared about losing it. If i can find a little lifejacket or make one ill do that.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #19
McGrubber

Do you have a different case or the one it came with?