R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

how much is your registration

Old 07-15-2010, 04:42 AM   #1
luvsoffroading
tacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: rich
tacomarich's Tacoma Gallery
how much is your registration

just curious how much people are paying to renew their truck's registration? mine is an 06 tacoma sr5 4x4 and adot wants $204 and some change. just think this is kind of high for an 06?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Mine's an 07....I'll probably be paying around $400 this year, it was about $450 last year.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:03 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
$58.50 (IIRC) annually.....................for my 05 Tundy. A car is only $36 annually

Old 07-15-2010, 05:06 AM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I think my '10 was about 530...

My 08 pre-runner was about 420 last year.

My 05 G35 coupe (6mt top of the line) was about 350 in 08.

AZ rapes new cars.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
$78 this year for my 09.
yall need to write your congressman or something what you pay is ridiculous. where does all that money go? do you have diamond encrusted streets or something?

X1000

That's rediculous. Those prices should be a life-time fee.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:21 AM   #7
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
75 Dollars a year w/ customs plates.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 AM   #8

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
Ben: We pay taxes on a vehicle when we buy it and not never again. Some states don't make you pay when you buy, but spread it out every year based on the vehicle's value. Think CA, AZ, and TX are a few like that...

Hmmm, good point. The vehicle is included in their property tax, correct?
Old 07-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #9
luvsoffroading
tacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: rich
tacomarich's Tacoma Gallery
wow you guys back east pay less than us out here. on a side note, at least the license tax is deductible come uncle sam tax time.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:32 AM   #10
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
We pay sales tax to the dealership and never again, no sales tax on private sales.
Our registration is $33 for regular vehicles and that goes to road maintenance, then governmental sales tax (use to be called a privilege tax) is based on MSRP (this is the one that costs us the most and this is why the amount changes each year) and it goes to city/county/state agencies and schools, title fee of $20-28, a Prison Fee of $0.50 for them making the plates.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:35 AM   #11
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarich View Post
wow you guys back east pay less than us out here. on a side note, at least the license tax is deductible come uncle sam tax time.
Yea it can be deductible... of course that doesn't mean it helps your much all the time lol.

No, the streets are not diamond crusted but to be honest, of all the states I've driven in AZ's roads are by far some of the best. Perfect, no, but the highways are well maintained, reflective paint, reflectors, signage is all very reflective and easy to see at night, the signs are clear and put up when appropriate, ect. The sun does take a huge beating on stuff here though, and the massive expansion especially of the Phoenix area has really started to put a strain on budgets nad road maintenance... It's kinda like cali all over again, makes a native like me sad.

I actually always thought it was backwards, seems the new vehicles should pay LESS, old pay MORE. The cars leaking oil, having parts fall off and drag on the road, ect are almost always your older cars. The new ones don't tear the roads up nearly as much.... plus it'd be another incentive to keep people buying newer vehicles which will boost the overall value of the area, ect. Germany does it... makes sense to me.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:38 AM   #12
sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has
rhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhodehard09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
rhodehard09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Yea it can be deductible... of course that doesn't mean it helps your much all the time lol.

No, the streets are not diamond crusted but to be honest, of all the states I've driven in AZ's roads are by far some of the best. Perfect, no, but the highways are well maintained, reflective paint, reflectors, signage is all very reflective and easy to see at night, the signs are clear and put up when appropriate, ect. The sun does take a huge beating on stuff here though, and the massive expansion especially of the Phoenix area has really started to put a strain on budgets nad road maintenance... It's kinda like cali all over again, makes a native like me sad.

I actually always thought it was backwards, seems the new vehicles should pay LESS, old pay MORE. The cars leaking oil, having parts fall off and drag on the road, ect are almost always your older cars. The new ones don't tear the roads up nearly as much.... plus it'd be another incentive to keep people buying newer vehicles which will boost the overall value of the area, ect. Germany does it... makes sense to me.
from the way you describe it, sounds alot like the kighways and streets in florida.......and we still pay tremendously less
Old 07-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #13
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
LOL we still pay tax on out trucks when we buy them from a dealer. But our roads are in better condition than some states. I guess it just depends on money to repair and expand...AZ has enough to go around lol.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #14
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was $400 back in March. And we pay sales tax on new and used car purchases. But, Kansas' roads are some of the best I've ever driven on, like was said about AZ.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:45 AM   #15
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is $235 this year for my '07 double cab 4x4 SR5 in Georgia. In GA you pay sales tax on an vehicle purchased from a dealer. I bought mine private party last year so I didn't have to pay any taxes on it. I pay my taxes every year via our Ad volorem tax which is based on the book value of the vehicle.

I miss my old car...Last year, the tag for my accord was $66.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #16
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB65stang View Post
Mine was $400 back in March. And we pay sales tax on new and used car purchases. But, Kansas' roads are some of the best I've ever driven on, like was said about AZ.
Yeah mine was about $400 this year for my 09 as well. We do have good roads out here in the middle of the map, but that is high nonetheless. I had to pay personal property tax on my wifes 2010 Pilot as well, total bill about $900. That sucks! It is deductible come tax time, but still it is too high. They continually go down every year. I remember the last one I paid on my 1995 Chevy was about $70 a year ago...
Old 07-15-2010, 06:57 AM   #17
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, Here in NY my Registration renewal was like $70 for two years..
but we are taxed to death in other ways...
Old 07-15-2010, 07:13 AM   #18
Chonchon is on a distinguished road

Name: Cesar
Chonchon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
$78 this year for my 09.
do you have diamond encrusted streets or something?

No diamonds, but we do have recycled rubber from old tires encrusted in our freeways. makes the road a lot more quiet.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #19
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
Yeah mine was about $400 this year for my 09 as well. We do have good roads out here in the middle of the map, but that is high nonetheless. I had to pay personal property tax on my wifes 2010 Pilot as well, total bill about $900. That sucks! It is deductible come tax time, but still it is too high. They continually go down every year. I remember the last one I paid on my 1995 Chevy was about $70 a year ago...
Yeah, and the real awesome ones are the classic cars. It costs me $17 a year to tag my Mustang. And of course, we have no emissions to mess with.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #20
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
No sales tax here in Oregon. My registration is like $50 for two years. Our roads are too bad. I moved up here from California years ago and was amazed at how cheap the registration is. The fees in California are soooo much more expensive.