R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Pre Lake 7/24 Trail Run..

Old 07-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Pre Lake 7/24 Trail Run..

Ok so I decided to start a new thread as someone once told me to make a separate one for trailing on meet days as to not shy people away, so here it is!

I am thinking of going up 4 peaks, then back down the other side towards roosevelt. Once at roosevelt taking apache trail to Canyon Lake for the meet.

All the trails are really easy and are prerunner open diff friendly. I would like to meet at the start of 4 peaks right off the beeline and I dont know a time yet...when I do these trails I go relatively quick as I have done them dozens of times. I do not know the familiarity of other people going with these trails so I would guess the trip would take 2-3 hours but maybe someone else has a better ball park figure.

TIME: 6:30 AM that's the time id like to be leaving

Place: Circle K
17125 East Shea Boulevard
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268-6611

List:
Ollie
Connor
Ryan
Adam
Chris (hopefully)
Steve
Old 07-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Tentatively in.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
definitely in
Old 07-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I'll talk to you about it tomorrow at work when I see you.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can wake up rather early if you guys do not mind...maybe meet there at the beginning of 4 peaks around 6ish so its not too hot and we can roll with the windows down...if thats to early speak up sissys lol
Old 07-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #6
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I can wake up rather early if you guys do not mind...maybe meet there at the beginning of 4 peaks around 6ish so its not too hot and we can roll with the windows down...if thats to early speak up sissys lol
I'm good with whatever. Sounds like I'll be rolling with some Monster Expressos though hahah or maybe just an amp or so. We shall see
Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a nice scenic trail folks! Should have a good view of the valley at the top. make for some good pics!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
connor bring your camera!
Old 07-20-2010, 12:31 AM   #9
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
connor bring your camera!
I'll have it. Won't have too much time for picture taking on the actual trails, I predict since we will be rollin through pretty fast.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #10

RPain's Tacoma Gallery
ha sounds good, gonna be a fun day for sure
Old 07-20-2010, 01:27 AM   #11
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
id like to go, but i gotta drive from flagstaff. not sure if 6 will work haha
Old 07-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #12
Almost there

There has to be more people interested in this lol
Old 07-20-2010, 10:30 AM   #13
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I'll have it. Won't have too much time for picture taking on the actual trails, I predict since we will be rollin through pretty fast.
how fast were you planning on rolling?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #14
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Put me down if you plan on going in the early AM. I have no problem getting up for that run. It's fun and easy. I'd say it takes just under 2 hours to go up the front and down the back to Roosevelt at a comfortable pace, but I don't remember how long it takes to go from Roosevelt to Canyon.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:29 PM   #15
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTacO View Post
how fast were you planning on rolling?
Not too fast, but at a decent pace. We won't be speeding through there like it's a race or anything. We just won't be stopping too much. As Oliver knows, I tend to go a bit slower on the trails usually since I like to be cautious, but when I need to pick it up, I do. But I know we are going to have to work out a time line since chris4x4 is planning on picking us up at the shore once we arrive also. I'll still get a ton of pictures as always. I'm into photography, so I tend to take a lot of pictures at every possible moment.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #16
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
strong maybe for the trail, but doubtful on the lake. i'll consult the fun police and i'll have an answer in a day or so
Old 07-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its not a big lake, so Im sure I'll see ya guys on the shore line somewhere.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #18
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Its not a big lake, so Im sure I'll see ya guys on the shore line somewhere.
I've got my PA. We can find a way to get your attention
Old 07-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #19
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
so whats the deal on the lake. Is there enough room on the boat for everyone? Also are we doing some type of bbq or something on shore? i want to do the trail run then to the lake. So im expecting a full day then drive back to flagstaff that evening.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #20
Almost there

from what I understand not everyone wil be on the boat at the same time, we take our turns and chill/bbq on the beach!