R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Reliable Brake Shop

Old 08-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Reliable Brake Shop

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good brake shop in the Phoenix area. Any recommendations?
Old 08-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
What do you need done?
Need my front and rear brakes replaced.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
AZDuc is just really niceAZDuc is just really niceAZDuc is just really niceAZDuc is just really nice
Name: Bill
AZDuc's Tacoma Gallery
Super easy to slap pads on. Jack up the truck, block the wheels, support the axles and pull the wheels. Stick a big screwdriver between the pads and rotor and push the piston back into the caliper. Now remove the caliper, remove the old pads, install the new, re-install the caliper, bolt wheels back on, lower truck, PUMP the pedal a few times until you get brake pressure and your ready. Take it easy on the brakes for the first hundred miles and your ready to rock.

Bill
Old 08-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously, your own garage is the most reliable brake shop you'll find.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:06 PM   #7
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Ask nofords08 for help. Just double-check his work

Avoid Just brakes! They make money lying to people and forcing them to buy $200 shocks.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:13 PM   #8
THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
Ask nofords08 for help. Just double-check his work

Avoid Just brakes! They make money lying to people and forcing them to buy $200 shocks.
Yeah I would never go to Just Brakes, their lifetime brake program sounds like a bunch of bs to me.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #10
THIS IS AMERICA!!!

I think I might just try to replace the fronts myself...as far as the rear drums go, I have no idea lol
Old 08-31-2010, 06:38 AM   #11
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Brake Shop = Brakes. Lol, Jk.
LOL you so funny...but there's several things that could be done. Like change pads, bleed sytem and refill, diagnostics, trouble shoot, turn rotors or replace them. I was asking to see if we could do something for him without sending him to a brake shop and spend mulla!

So back off my grill fool! I'll cut you LOL jk jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
I think I might just try to replace the fronts myself...as far as the rear drums go, I have no idea lol
X2 on DIY save yourself the money and as far as rear drums go I'm with you in that boat. Anyone know how to do them?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #12
THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Taylor, have you done the fronts yourself? How difficult is it?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:03 AM   #13
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Taylor, have you done the fronts yourself? How difficult is it?
No but we did a 5 lugger this weekend in my garage while we were putting on his lift and it looked really easy. I do need to check mine.
Old 09-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #14
AZDuc is just really niceAZDuc is just really niceAZDuc is just really niceAZDuc is just really nice
Name: Bill
AZDuc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Probably don't need rears, just measure them. If you have at least 3/32" you could run out another set of fronts, before you'll need rears. If you do need them jack up the rear axle and pull both drums. Do one side at a time and use the other side as a visual reference for assembly. VERY IMPORTANT look at the brake shoes very closely and match up front/leading shoe and the rear/trailing shoe for each side prior to dis-assembly for either side.

Go slow, take your time and buy a brake spring retainer removal tool and a spring prying tool.

AZDuc
Old 09-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #15
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
If you're near North Scottsdale, go to the Brake Masters on Hayden just south of Frank Lloyd Wright. Ask for Travis. He's a longtime friend of mine and runs the shop. You'll get honest work done every time, and he'll back it up. They do all types of other repairs there, too.