R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Interesting event.......(maybe)....

Old 09-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting event.......(maybe)....

A little while ago, Julie and I took the Dogs for a walk. Nothing unusual. We turned down this one street, and saw a guy walking about 150 feet down, comming twards us. We began to go to the other side of the street to avoid any confrontation the dogs may create. They still like to jump on people, etc. Anyway, as we were crossing, the guys pace picked up, once again, heading twards us. Something didnt seem right. I was holding Gunner with my left hand, and carrying a water bottle in my right. I switched the water bottle to the left hand to free my right. As we were almost acros the street, the guy, at this time, about 60 feet from us, changed from walking on the south side of the street, to now comming right at us, and walking quickly. He began to say something, but I couldnt understand him....it was kinda muffled. We were very near a street light, and the guy noticed my weapon (still holstered). His eyes got a little larger, and he litterally did a 180* turn. I watched him, and he disapeared into a dark area of the neigbor hood. I got a good ID, and wrote down his description when I got home. I did not call the local PD. Should I have? Anyway....Just throwin this little event out there. Never let your gaurd down folks
Old 09-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
definitely seems sketchy. I would have probably called the cops. glad it turned out ok but you never know these days.

heard on the news the other day a car of 8 people got car jacked at gun point here in cali by a guy asking for directions. if they allowed for CC in CA and i was a backseat passenger that guy would have shit his pants when he wound up with a 45 against the back of his head...
Old 09-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Chris I am glad you and the family are ok! Hell yes i would have called the cops. Off topic: there was a minivan with someone in the back seat on a laptop and they were sitting outside my parents gated community. I called the cops. Who knows what those people were up to!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
A little while ago, Julie and I took the Dogs for a walk. Nothing unusual. We turned down this one street, and saw a guy walking about 150 feet down, comming twards us. We began to go to the other side of the street to avoid any confrontation the dogs may create. They still like to jump on people, etc. Anyway, as we were crossing, the guys pace picked up, once again, heading twards us. Something didnt seem right. I was holding Gunner with my left hand, and carrying a water bottle in my right. I switched the water bottle to the left hand to free my right. As we were almost acros the street, the guy, at this time, about 60 feet from us, changed from walking on the south side of the street, to now comming right at us, and walking quickly. He began to say something, but I couldnt understand him....it was kinda muffled. We were very near a street light, and the guy noticed my weapon (still holstered). His eyes got a little larger, and he litterally did a 180* turn. I watched him, and he disapeared into a dark area of the neigbor hood. I got a good ID, and wrote down his description when I got home. I did not call the local PD. Should I have? Anyway....Just throwin this little event out there. Never let your gaurd down folks
this part was my favorite part of the strory...i hate when i pass dogs and they start barking and jumping and the owner cant control them....it scares the shit out of me haha
very considerate of you..good job chris
Old 09-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
X2 on brunes. Or hit the guy with ur pink hammer

or your purse
Old 09-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
You did good in my opinion, we all know that ya just never know nowadays about people.

This is what people don't understand about gun protection, it's a good tool to use to protect yourself/family. I think a lot more people should be armed, will cut down on the Innocent being attacked.

I run into people like this all the time here in CA, I try to not make eye contact and keep moving.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
X2 on brunes. Or hit the guy with ur pink hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Lol at Brunies

You did the right thing, I kind of wish he didn;t see what you had holstered (pink dildo or gun) and see what he would of said.

I would of pulled it and called the cops and held him there till the came.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
or your purse
And the awesome part is...I didn't even ask these guys to say this stuff. Chris I think the gig is up for you. Everyone knows.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #10
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And your SIG says boycott AZ
Read it more closely.

And later get your eyes checked. lol

Buycott, NOT boycott is what it says.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #11
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakoTruck View Post
Read it more closely.

And later get your eyes checked. lol
Old 09-06-2010, 11:58 PM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-07-2010, 12:12 AM   #13
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good luck with that in CA

And your SIG says boycott AZ
Is that what they teach ya over thur in Norf Cackalacky?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:50 AM   #14
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Well done Chris.
No need to make things worse by pulling it.
Yes there are lot's of messed up people wandering around to be wary of.
When you commit to pulling a weapon things change a whole bunch.

That BUYcott post reminded me to call my eye doc this morning!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 05:57 AM   #15
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I wished I could walk my family at night while my sig is on my hip!!! F'ing Cali!!

Glad nothing happened and you and your family are ok!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:04 AM   #16
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
To play devils advocate here... maybe he needed help, saw your gun, got scared and just ran away, thinking you were out to harm him

But if he meant you and Julie harm, good thing you were armed
Old 09-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #17
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
First off I am impressed with your consideration, (switching sides of the street) the fact you had the mind set to free up your dominate hand and finally the fact that you thought to get a good mental picture of the guy. I would have certainly given the law this guys description.

Ps. with the way you talk about your wife I think you may have saved his life.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:51 AM   #18
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Lol at Brunies

You did the right thing, I kind of wish he didn;t see what you had holstered (pink dildo or gun) and see what he would of said.

I would of pulled it and called the cops and held him there till the came.
Well.....had I done that, without him showing an act of aggression twards me, things wouldnt have gone my way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
To play devils advocate here... maybe he needed help, saw your gun, got scared and just ran away, thinking you were out to harm him

But if he meant you and Julie harm, good thing you were armed
I have been approached by people needing help before, and none have had an issue with me carrying an firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
First off I am impressed with your consideration, (switching sides of the street) the fact you had the mind set to free up your dominate hand and finally the fact that you thought to get a good mental picture of the guy. I would have certainly given the law this guys description.

Ps. with the way you talk about your wife I think you may have saved his life.
LOL! Not sure Julie was in the "Ass kicking mode"

Being as this guy increased his speed twards us, the dogs showed sighns of agitation, It didnt seem "kosher". In the past, if approached by someone, weather needing help, or wanting to see the dogs, the situation was different. They would either stop, and wait for us to get to them, or as we would get closer, they would bend down, with their hands out for the dogs to sniff. And the whole "mumbling" thing....that was very strange. It was very quiet out, and I have been able to easilly hear someone talk from accross the street.
When we left the house, Julie made the comment "Your not carrying concealed tonight?", and I told her "These shorts are a little too tight to carry concealed in". Good thing the guy saw the gun. After sleeping on it, I cant see any reason someone would approach someone else in the mannor in which he did so.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #19
eutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud ofeutrash has much to be proud of
eutrash's Tacoma Gallery
To get back on the subject of calling or not calling the cops... Think of it this way - if the guy is clean, no harm done. But imagine he's someone they are looking for, possibly in the wrong place. They will now know his whereabouts. Let's say tomorrow the media runs a report of someone injured/killed with witnesses giving the description of that same guy. Depending on what kind of person you are, you may not care, or you may feel like sh!t for not reporting the incident and possibly prevented an accident.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eutrash View Post
To get back on the subject of calling or not calling the cops... Think of it this way - if the guy is clean, no harm done. But imagine he's someone they are looking for, possibly in the wrong place. They will now know his whereabouts. Let's say tomorrow the media runs a report of someone injured/killed with witnesses giving the description of that same guy. Depending on what kind of person you are, you may not care, or you may feel like sh!t for not reporting the incident and possibly prevented an accident.

Good point. Call being made now.