R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Should I attempt to smoke my fog lights myself?!

Old 09-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
XxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XxTaysTacoxX's Tacoma Gallery
Should I attempt to smoke my fog lights myself?!

any suggestions on paint or a company who does good work? Not diggin the Lamin-x covers i put on.
Attached Thumbnails
Should I attempt to smoke my fog lights myself?!-img00257-20100904-1853.jpg  
Old 09-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
thats going to be hard to roll but good luck
sorry man i cant help
Old 09-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tarantino View Post
sorry man i cant help
damn..beat me to it.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
XxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTaysTacoxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
sorry man i cant help
Thank you for that very helpful and wise advice. lol good grief...some people just like to talk to hear the sound of their one voice.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTaysTacoxX View Post
Thank you for that very helpful and wise advice. lol good grief...some people just like to talk to hear the sound of their one voice.
i said i was sorry
Old 09-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #6
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have two voices.

But to help you out, I would imagine the VHT nightshades paint would work.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #7

Quote:
i said i was sorry
lol i'm f*cking around
Old 09-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Taylor if you do them any darker they won't put out much or any light. Does that matter? If not you could do them your self but its always hard to make sure they are not too dark.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #9

Quote:
lol i'm f*cking around
no your not you hurt my feelings
Old 09-10-2010, 02:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Taylor if you do them any darker they won't put out much or any light. Does that matter? If not you could do them your self but its always hard to make sure they are not too dark.

they have the lamin-x covers on them now i would remove those and spray tint them. I've just never done spray tint before. is there anyone around town who does a good job?
Old 09-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #11

Quote:
no your not you hurt my feelings
Lol men are such cry babies, hense the reason i don't date! baaahahahah!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Smoked out headlights look weird and reduce the light output. Safety over looks any day. But thats like saying to a woman "comfort over fashion". Goes in one ear and out the other.

I think your headlights looks great with just the BHLM. Plus if you get in a wreck with smoked headlights or blacked taillights thats just more liability thats put on you.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #13

pics of the lights when your done good luck
Old 09-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Smoked out headlights look weird and reduce the light output. Safety over looks any day. But thats like saying to a woman "comfort over fashion". Goes in one ear and out the other.

I think your headlights looks great with just the BHLM. Plus if you get in a wreck with smoked headlights or blacked taillights thats just more liability thats put on you.
I'm not going to do anything more to the headlights. i'm talking about my fog lights...i want to take off the lamin-x covers and spray tint them, but don't know if i should risk doing it myself or having someone else do it
Old 09-10-2010, 02:26 PM   #15
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they have the lamin-x covers on them now i would remove those and spray tint them. I've just never done spray tint before. is there anyone around town who does a good job?
If you do it yourself just to slow light coats and build you're way up in darkness. Its should be pretty easy but you'll want to spend the time to do them slow so you don't get them too dark right away and not be able to go back lighter.

I can talk to my friend that did my tails on my old truck. him and his dad paint cars so they know what they are doing. I have to see if they still do lights though.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
If you do it yourself just to slow light coats and build you're way up in darkness. Its should be pretty easy but you'll want to spend the time to do them slow so you don't get them too dark right away and not be able to go back lighter.

I can talk to my friend that did my tails on my old truck. him and his dad paint cars so they know what they are doing. I have to see if they still do lights though.
Yeah for sure I would appreciate that... let me know.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #17
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not going to do anything more to the headlights. i'm talking about my fog lights...i want to take off the lamin-x covers and spray tint them, but don't know if i should risk doing it myself or having someone else do it

Hahaha. Well I feel like an idiot. Sorry. I tinted m fogs yellow with paint made to simulate stained glass. Worked out great. Got it at Michaels arts and craft store. Really easy to do. Check out my build thread to see how they came out. I think page 3. I'm not sure if they make a dark color to smoke them out though.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #18
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
I used this. http://www.amazon.com/Light-Smoke-Au.../dp/B001463LQY
I'm sure someone will find something bad to say about it, but personally I am very happy with the way mine turned out.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #19
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
just spray with vht nightshade. you can always take paint remover to get it off in the future.

i did a light tint on them. you can see it in my sig
Old 09-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
AZDuc is just really niceAZDuc is just really niceAZDuc is just really niceAZDuc is just really nice
Name: Bill
AZDuc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sorry man i cant help

Rolling is the easy part.....getting it lit is the hard part, but once you get it burning

AZDuc