R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Transmission Fluid Change Question

Old 09-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Transmission Fluid Change Question

Hey guys, I've called around to several places to get my Tranny Fluid changed and no one thus far can service it!! The dealer wants 300+ dollars to change it which is bullshit! Do you guys know of a place to get it changed?? I don't have the means or time to do it myself so thats outta the question. Thanks for any help!!

Its at Sierra Expedition right now getting its drive shaft re-built and they can't service it for what ever reason...I guess its cause its a sealed transmission

Thanks for any help
Old 09-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #3
Sleeper 4x4
Super Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuper Werty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Super Werty's Tacoma Gallery
I can show you how to do it. Do you want to do a full flush or just the 3 qts in the pan? It will be way cheaper...like maybe $50
Old 09-11-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
Blank
TucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TucsonMike's Tacoma Gallery
I need to do the same thing butI think just the 3qts in the pan
Old 09-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Why do you need to change it? I'd ask Chris on this one if I were you...
I've got over 100k miles on it so I'd say its do
I'm servicing everything on the truck from fluids to brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Werty View Post
I can show you how to do it. Do you want to do a full flush or just the 3 qts in the pan? It will be way cheaper...like maybe $50
That'd be awesome, how long does it take? Would you wanna meet up one of these weekends?
Old 09-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I've got over 100k miles on it so I'd say its do
I'm servicing everything on the truck from fluids to brakes
100k! Yeah, I'd say you're over due for a oil change on the trans.
This reminds me, I need to also do some fluid changes.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #7
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
i would do 3 drain and fills,that should clean it out.