R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Scariest Experience in your tacoma

Old 09-23-2010, 10:14 PM   #41
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't really done anything scary in the taco. This is probably the worst just because I had never tried this hill before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQdfLiaGCvU

Scariest experience driving happened 3 months after I got my provisional license. I still had my old '83 full size bronco and I was at my friends house for the night because we were going to go snowboarding the next day up in Santa Fe. Well Albuquerque got dumped on with 18" of snow that night so driving about 70 miles up there was out of the question. When I was driving home (about 3 miles) I had it in 4hi the whole way and I stupidly decided to try and drift a little on the ditch (I was making fresh tracks in the snow so no cars around) and did a full 180 and got about 1' from driving right into the 10' deep ditch. Not fun lol. I drove very careful the rest of the way.

Here's a pic from that record storm:
Old 01-06-2012, 04:51 AM   #42
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
I just had an unexpected event on dry pavement and I was not even screwing around: I was sitting at a light to make a left turn. When the light turned green, I didn't accelerate hard, but used a light amount of pedal pressure since I know that this truck's tail will slide out under even moderately hard acceleration. While accerlating, I drove my front left front corner into a known paved 'undulation' (effectively pavement that has sank lower but not turned into a pothole) on the road in the turn, and by doing so the rear began to slide/swerve outwards to the right. The various VSC systems all kicked in and prevented the truck from sliding further to the right and helped straighten me out as I naturally counter steered the steering wheel right wards to finish the turn.

I would say my speed was only 3-8 mph at that point, and its the same way I make this turn every day, although I usually try to avoid this paved 'undulation' in the road. You can really feel a car or truck weight shift when you drive through this stupid thing making a turn. The roads around me are being proactively treated with that brine salt spray, but the roads are all dry right now. This brine (and dried salt for that matter) reduce the road friction somewhat, but I wouldn't expect it to be by much.

I'm just upset about it because I don't deliberately drive like that in the morning while making my commute.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #44
brp is on a distinguished road
brp's Tacoma Gallery
The Lippencott Road in Death Valley.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #45
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Driving to dia (airport) from fort collins colorado (on the I-25 for those who know it) I was driving if 4hi as it was snowing pretty well and the interstate was not plowed (had an hour and a half to make my flight and about 45 minutes of driving still decided to cruise around 65-70 on packed snow. The truck was doing well and I the road seemed ok so I decided to switch off the 4x4......got slight corner and slowed down a bit. Then punched it (in rear-wheel drive) out of the corner spun around about 5 times ended up backwards in the center of the road (lucky there were no other cars around). Sat their trying to calm myself and my passenger (she was flipping her shit).....and then a big group of cars that I had passed going a more reasonable speed for the weather passed (if only i knew what they were thinking)
Old 01-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #46
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
T Boned...

I was T-boned by a 16 year old driver texting that ran a red light....About 7K worth of damage...but she's fixed and right....
Old 01-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #47
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I damn near rolled the motherfucker in Uwharrie NF this past Summer. FireTurk41 and Skytower were there. Serious ass pucker...I could've done without it.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #48
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I hit black ice and did a wild 360 on US2 headed toward Stevens Pass a couple months ago. I spun into the oncoming lane and narrowly missed a car. We were facing the same direction when we passed each other - but I was doing about 45-50mph backwards! Time slowed down in my head as I waited for the ass end of my truck to smash the guard rail. I hit the brakes which somehow spun me back into my lane and finally the truck came to a stop. The engine had died and my dash lights looked like a X-mas tree. I put it in Park, fired it back up, and continued on - albeit super freaked out.

I have had 3 - 60lb. sand bags in the back of the truck since then.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #49
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Driving along at night going about 60 on a rough road came to a part where there was some small whoops. Came across a big one that looked small, the whole truck preloaded and jumped alittle off the ground, smooth landing but I was freaking out.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #50
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
Driving along at night going about 60 on a rough road came to a part where there was some small whoops. Came across a big one that looked small, the whole truck preloaded and jumped alittle off the ground, smooth landing but I was freaking out.
lol did that in my bronco. The landing made the drivers side window fall down. No suspension damage though, that thing was a tank.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #51
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my pucker factor moment @ about 45ish seconds in the video.

Yes yes I know...My arm came out the window...not safe I know. Gravity got the best of me when my arm slipped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqhe48eAges&list=UUaB7Ns4NhreOUhGf683Uhog& index=1&feature=plcp
Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #52
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
was following a guy in a toyota pickup up a rural highway. he was a good distance ahead of me. we were both doing 60. came around the next corner. no signal. no brake lights. he was just stopped in the middle of the highway. hit my brakes but soon realized i wasnt going to stop in time. bombed it up the bank. sure got my heart racing
Old 01-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #53
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Also, this always gave me more ass pucker than anything I've actually done...ain't my truck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_WnjUglklc
Old 01-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #54
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Also, this always gave me more ass pucker than anything I've actually done...ain't my truck:

i would have shit a brick
Old 01-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #55
Bo Rocks has a spectacular aura aboutBo Rocks has a spectacular aura aboutBo Rocks has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
Bo Rocks's Tacoma Gallery
it was raining and I was comming into a left turn at about 20, the light turned yellow and I was 80 yards away, so I punched it just a little to make the light. drifted the turn, then over corrected and started drifting the other way now facing the side walk and turned the wheel back to the left to turn away from the side walk and then spun and did a 180 hitting my rear driver side wheel on the median and bending my axel
Old 01-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #56
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
def had more close calls than these, but this is all i have documented

wasn't expecting the rear to buck so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb16e...eature=related

the scray part about this was i was on the freeway doing 70+ MPH less then 10 min before this happened

Old 01-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #57
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
in june of. ’11 not to long after i got my truck. doing about 70MPH down the interstate. 3 lans of traffic. car cut over in front of me slammed on their brakes so i had to do the same. BUT i had to change lans super fast as to not get in a wreck. to i slammed on brakes at 70 got down to like at the same time changing lanes i got down to about 50 and i had to punch the gas because some one was coming up at about maybe 80. had 3 friends that wear in the truck and they wear flipping shit thinking we wear going to get in a crash. i thought we wear to but i stayed calm and did what i could to avoid it.

another time in july of ’11 i want to say. i was going down the interstate and a trash truck hit the wall. and a car came over to the right and avoid it making me swerve on to the shoulder witch sent me in to a drift and i had the truck like side ways and some how saved it.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #58
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

Jake (Kyoto) and I had a moment like this up at Chiva. It didnt look to bad until we got the truck up there and had to make like a 10 point turn on multiple shelf area and the trucks were teetering and on the edge of slipping off the edge of one shelf and possibly going over.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #59
KAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the roughKAWAIANIANI is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
KAWAIANIANI's Tacoma Gallery
Not in my Tacoma but young, dumb and full of cum in my 86 yota. SAS w/ 14" chevy springs running 39 boggers, driving around a curve in the a.m. and it started to rain. The ass end slipped out, went to correct a little and she slide to the side of the road and hit a burm at the cane field and completely flipped. Me not wearing my seatbelt so the first thing to hit was my shoulder out the driver window then the truck followed. Ended up on the top, crawled out the pass. window, my crack head cousin rolled up on a dirt bike and made off with my cigs. A whole cooler full of beer scattered everywhere. Then my mom went and hid my other car to stop me from driving.

I always wear my seat belt now
Old 01-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #60
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Scariest Experience in your tacoma? Hmm... id have to say... bustin a nut in gf's puss ... does that count???
I feel your pain.