R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Scariest Experience in your tacoma

Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
MacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
Scariest Experience in your tacoma

After studying for several hours and breaking up with my girlfriend, I was leaving U of A pretty late the other night. It had rained for a while earlier, but in my stupor I forgot about it. So when I went to leave campus, I turned left a little too fast and completely spun out! When I had stopped, I was facing the wrong direction in on coming traffic, but luckily it was pretty late, so there weren't many cars out. I did almost collide with a newer tacoma though....if that was you, sorry!

Anyone else have a crazy experience, or am I the only mediocre driver here?
Old 09-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyvR View Post
After studying for several hours and breaking up with my girlfriend, I was leaving U of A pretty late the other night. It had rained for a while earlier, but in my stupor I forgot about it. So when I went to leave campus, I turned left a little too fast and completely spun out! When I had stopped, I was facing the wrong direction in on coming traffic, but luckily it was pretty late, so there weren't many cars out. I did almost collide with a newer tacoma though....if that was you, sorry!

im just impressed that youre able to admit youre a mediocre driver

very few people are able to admit that when 90% of the drivers on the road should

be thankful you didnt hit anything or flop it over
Old 09-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGyvR View Post

Nope just you...

Old 09-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
i was leaving school one day and i pulled left from a stop sign and out of no where my truck spun out and i went over a curb....... i got out of the truck and on the ground at the stop sign was a shit ton of green stuff. (radiator fluid?) it was on a weekend so there werent any cars around. but i did a full 360 (i think, it happened so fast) over the on coming traffic lane and hit the curb. pretty scary. my heart was pounding. i though i had broken something in my suspension because it had happened so fast.

this was like two years ago. since then nothing really, since junior/senior year of highschool ive become a lot safer driving. from presonally knowing people that have died in a car accident (from usage of their phone or not paying attention) i completley dont use my phone or really anything else while i drive.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
Come and take them.
bendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shedbendbolden is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
bendbolden's Tacoma Gallery
I walked into the reciever hitch one night..... thought it may have been....well I dunno it scared me though
Old 09-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
MacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shedMacGyvR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
MacGyvR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
i was leaving school one day and i pulled left from a stop sign and out of no where my truck spun out and i went over a curb....... i got out of the truck and on the ground at the stop sign was a shit ton of green stuff. (radiator fluid?) it was on a weekend so there werent any cars around. but i did a full 360 (i think, it happened so fast) over the on coming traffic lane and hit the curb. pretty scary. my heart was pounding. i though i had broken something in my suspension because it had happened so fast.

this was like two years ago. since then nothing really, since junior/senior year of highschool ive become a lot safer driving. from presonally knowing people that have died in a car accident (from usage of their phone or not paying attention) i completley dont use my phone or really anything else while i drive.
Yeah, I a 180 that night, it happened fast, but at the same time painfully slow. I don't answer my phone while I'm driving, nearly everything stupid that happens on the road is related to multitasking.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
went off a razor back at 2am in Pismo going 65 mph, when i landed i hit my head on the steering wheel and cracked my fan shroud....and pissed my pants....

I didnt even see it coming, it was just normal driving one second, then losing all feeling under my butt and in my sphincter the next
Old 09-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
I somehow spun out on a bridge in the rain. Did a full 360 and smacked into the guardrail two times. Scared the piss out of me and my friend.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Hitting a Huge boulder at night while on the race course doing a prerun. Turned a corner too tight into a jump and it was sitting at the bottom.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #11
The Beast
yotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 82nd Airborn
Name: David
yotabeast505's Tacoma Gallery
well any time i go out and drive my truck something always happens lol had front tire 4 feet in the air truck leaning sidways on a rock formation the truck was teatering backwards it was almost streight up and if it rolled it was going down a long long way. every time i hit the gas it rolled up more twards the driver side rear and lifted the front passenger tire more and more... i said hell with it punched it supercharger wound up the front tire picked up another 2ft and it managed to drop ofer the top of the rock.... everyone said it couldnt be done and to back down. i never back down!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #12
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
got my clutch stuck under my weathertech's the first day I had them in. When they say "does not fit manual transmissions" they aren't lieing. I had trimmed them but obviously not enough. I was shifting into 5th on the freeway when it happened, going about 65. Now there is PLENTY of clearance at the clutch.

Damn near crapped myself and afterwards all I could think of was how I could explain to my friends why i wrecked my brand new truck on a sunny summer day alone on the freeway.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brow View Post
got my clutch stuck under my weathertech's the first day I had them in. When they say "does not fit manual transmissions" they aren't lieing. I had trimmed them but obviously not enough. I was shifting into 5th on the freeway when it happened, going about 65. Now there is PLENTY of clearance at the clutch.

Damn near crapped myself and afterwards all I could think of was how I could explain to my friends why i wrecked my brand new truck on a sunny summer day alone on the freeway.
that wouldnt be that scary, imo, clutch stuck down = ur coasting in neutral pretty much
Old 09-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #14
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Black ice...that's all I'll say
Old 09-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #15
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
I was doing some light, slow speed off- roading with friends in the woods. The trail ended but there was absolutely no room to turn around. So I started backing out of the trail. I come to a super tight turn with trees just inches from the side of the gravel trail. As I back down the super steep hill, the front tires locked up and wouldn't grab the ground. I slide about 30 feet in 3 seconds. The back tire came about 2 from a baby sink hole rim and the front corner came about 4 inches from a tree. During the event, my friends in the bed of the truck got bush whacked.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #16
Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy
micropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to beholdmicropiper is a splendid one to behold

Name: damion
micropiper's Tacoma Gallery
not exactly the scariest but my gf was yellin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th2nxY32dTA
Old 09-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #17
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Scariest Experience in your tacoma? Hmm... id have to say... bustin a nut in gf's puss ... does that count???
Old 09-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #18
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
All my times have been when other drivers were being stupid and almost fucked my shit up. Luckily I maneuvered accordingly every time. This is why I believe in being an offensive driver. I see "defensive" driving as being reactive. Not proactive.

You should be the one on the road who knows what the fuck you are doing!

And when in doubt...gas it.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #19
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
comin down an icy back dirt road with my 1 day old taco, had some street tires on it from the dealer...hard right, was coming too fast and shit broke loose, slide across the road and hit the dirt barrier. all that was between the truck and a 100ft drop off was the barrier that I was straddling
Old 09-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #20
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Scariest Experience in your tacoma? Hmm... id have to say... bustin a nut in gf's puss ... does that count???
that could be bad, but its scarier when you call her the wrong name...