R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Table Mesa Clean-Up

Old 09-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
FlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlyingWil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wil
FlyingWil's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Table Mesa Clean-Up

This is a cross-post, unfortunately I will not be able to make it, but it would be great to see others out there!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

There will be a huge BLM supported cleanup effort at the Table Mesa area.

There are several clubs involved, and not just OHV. I hope we can make a strong showing as a club.

Here is some more info from AZ-Ted of the AZ XterraClub (http://www.azxterraclub.com):

Where and When:
The cleanup will be held at Table Mesa Rd (exit 236) on the WEST side of I-17. Approx. 1 mile in from the exit is where we will be meeting (near the fenced off area). The cleanup is scheduled to go from 9:00am to 1:00pm. But, people are free to come and go as they need. At 1:00 we will have lunch, and there will be some giveaways (everyone that volunteers will be given an entry ticket for the giveaways).
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Ted
Here is an update about the cleanup:

This event is shaping up to be a good size cleanup. There are many different 4x4 clubs that will be there: AZXC, AZVJC, AZFJ, Arizona K5 Blazers, TTORA, Zuks of AZ, Higher Ground 4x4, alloffroadaz, and several more clubs. There will also be several ATV/UTV clubs, a few dirtbike clubs, a mountain bike club (MBAA), a HAM radio club (4x4HAM.com), and even a radio-controlled car club (RCCrawlers.com). I have also posted up on several local hunting/shooting websites as well.

The BLM will be there, as will their volunteer group called the OHV Ambassadors. The Arizona Xterra Club has donated 10 boxes of the heavy-duty contractor’s trashbags, and M&I bank has donated a bunch of cases of bottled water. The folks from TreadyLightly! have donated some swag for the giveaway at the end of the cleanup, and one of their master Tread Trainers will be on hand as well. Trasharoo has donated one of their really cool offroad garbage bag holders. Over the next few weeks, I will be working with additional local companies to get more donations for the giveaway.

I am talking with the Chris @ the BLM to get the lunch coordinated (they are no longer allowed to buy food for cleanups, but they have some partner organizations that should be able to step up and buy the food). I am also getting a flyer made up to be distributed to all interested parties.

If you have a business, and would like to donate to the cleanup (we could use gloves, food/snacks, and giveaway items), please PM me here or contact me at ted.dangler@hotmail.com. I'm really excited about this cleanup, and I know that we can make a really good impact out at Table Mesa. Thanks for your support, and I look forward to seeing you all there.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down to go...I didn't get to attend the 4 Peaks clean up a while back because of work but I have the weekends off now... i'll be there. If anyone wants to ride with me to save some gas just holler
Old 09-24-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man, we have another event going on that weekend down in Tucson. If I did already sign up for that I would be happy to come help out. Great cause and nice to see so many people already signed up.

Bump for OP
Old 09-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #4
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Ooh keep me in mind since I have some community service to finish up.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Oh man, we have another event going on that weekend down in Tucson. If I did already sign up for that I would be happy to come help out. Great cause and nice to see so many people already signed up.

Bump for OP
What is the event in tucson?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
Done, Retired from here :)
Veinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Roy
Veinguy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...ow-tucson.html

This is for a great cause, it would be nice to get everyone down here to represent our Az TW group. Check it out. Thanks
Old 10-06-2010, 12:37 PM   #7
JTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to behold

JTech's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys

My real name is Jason, I have been on TW for quite a while now. I recently became the BLM Ranger for the Table Mesa Area and am now going to be the BLM lead for this clean up. We are beginning to enact a plan that will manage Table Mesa as a multi use area and make it cleaner and safer for everyone. This clean-up is the first step in that process. I hope to see a lot of Arizona Tacomas out there to represent TW. If anyone has any questions let me know!
Old 10-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
AzTed is on a distinguished road
AzTed's Tacoma Gallery
Hello Tacoma World! This is AZ-Ted, and I am helping organize the cleanup out at Table Mesa to be held on November 6th, 2010.

For the most up-to-date information, follow us on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Table-...45644935469480

Here is the flyer I created for the cleanup:

I have also attached the pdf version of the flyer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TABLE MESA CLEANUP.pdf (129.5 KB, 47 views)
Old 10-24-2010, 10:27 PM   #9
AzTed's Tacoma Gallery
I just got word that Four Wheeler magazine will be at the cleanup! You've got two weeks to get your mods finished up!! Who knows, your ride might appear in the magazine!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #10
AzTed's Tacoma Gallery
Special Thanks to all our sponsors:
Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 PM   #11
AzTed's Tacoma Gallery
Updated Sponsor List:
Old 11-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
JTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to beholdJTech is a splendid one to behold

JTech's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys. I saw a bunch of tacomas out there on Saturday. Not sure if any belonged to tw members but we had over 380 people turn out for the lcean up. Thanks to anyone that came and thanks to AZTED for getting the word out to so many.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:35 AM   #13
AzTed's Tacoma Gallery
Special Thanks to Tacoma World for helping out at the Table Mesa Cleanup. JTech is correct, we had nearly 400 people officially register at the sign in tables. We quickly filled 3 40yd rolloff dumpsters and had an overflow trash pile that would easily fill at least one more.

After the cleanup, we had a great lunch and some giveaway prizes too. In all, it was a great day for Table Mesa, and this will definitely help keep our trails open.

Thanks again,

-Ted
Old 11-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #14
AzTed's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the final numbers from the BLM: 381 volunteers collected just over 15 tons of trash!!!

Special Thanks to all who volunteered / donated / sponsored this event. It was a great success!

Here is a link to some pictures that my friend Robert (RJCX) took. There are 52 images:

http://www.robertjamesphotos.com/tab...anupnov6th2010