R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Finally Home, Back from St Joseph's Hospital!

Old 09-26-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Finally Home, Back from St Joseph's Hospital!

Sorry guys, but no, this story does not end in my patented "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" stories. Last Saturday after our Arizona trial day, I was taking Gear and his step-dad (Art) home after their incident and I noticed some visual problems in my left eye; I had trouble focusing, but thought it was due to a tired eye and irritated contact lense. Nothing really big, just more of an annoyance at that point. So, I decided to sleep on it. Sunday came and I still had the same issue and decided that come the work-week I would schedule an appointment with the opthamologist.

By the time Tuesday arrived, the day of my eye appointment, my left eye had begun to see all vertical straights lines as spaghettii-like lines. Something was array. The eye doctor ran all the usual tests and determined I had swollen optical nerves in both eyes but that the case was worse in my left eye therefore causing the issues. He said that bad contacts, dirty in the eyes and tired eyes don't usually cause swollen optical nerves, but that the additional stress placed from the back of the eyes does; ie. the brain. He looked worried and thought it might be a brian tumor, and immediately told me visit the ER for a CT-scan and MRI. I do do.

I arrived to the ER Triage at St. Joe's in downtown Phoenix and turns out my blood pressure was 240/160 or, double the freakin' normal. So, became a high priority and was rushed to a bed in ER where various tests where preformed. My poor girlfriend was with me and I can only imagine what was going through her head. After about 2 hours, I had completed an EKG, CT-Scan and A-Line, blood test, urine test and was informed many more tests would await upon my arrival to ICU (Intensive Care Unit). After about 4 hours, I was lying in ICU wondering what the hell just happened. After all, ICU is where individuals who are "touch and go" stay, right?

Leaving some details out, day 2 arrived bright and early, and after far too many confusing explanations from doctors, I completed an second EKG and an MRI and MRV of the brain (Damn, those machines are tight! My poor shoulders were getting smashed! ). After this test, I was FINALLY permitted to eat. And, boy did I eat. Day 3 arrived and I was dragged all over the hospital; first, for a Lumbar Puncture/ Spinal Tap and second, for an Angiogram of my Heart and Kidneys. My body still aches from those "tests", but results were negative from any major organ issues.

During the Spinal Tap, the doctors noticed that the spinal fluid had no blood in it (which is good, I suppose) but the pressure was a little too high, thus causing additional pressure in the brain (headaches) and visual problems. They removed some of the fluid, I have a follow-up in up-coming weeks to determine my progress.

The last 3.5 days, I have anxiously spent my time awaiting to get the hell out of dodge, but have had my chained pulled various times only to have my hopes of returning home dashed. Today, Sunday, September 26, 5 days after arrival to the ICU, I have returned home. I have never been this exhausted before in my life...

I still have high blood pressure, which I have never had neither do family members. I have a full host of medications to take. Doctors aren't sure why my blood pressure is so high, but at least there's a medicinal remedy.

Pic for shits and giggles;

Old 09-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Did they find out what was wrong after all those tests? Sounds scary. Hope you recover quickly.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Wow man, sorry to hear that. Hopefully the root cause is found and it's nothing to serious, glad they went no holds bar on testing to find what's going on. Best of luck man
Old 09-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #4
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
all those tests and nothing? hope you get better soon. that is a crazy ass high blood pressure. i had a 160/110 and that is stage 2 hypertension i think. something ain't right
Old 09-26-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
Tbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shedTbird is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Tbird's Tacoma Gallery
Dude,

You're WAY TOO young for this kind of stuff. Stay on top of it! Hope all
smooths out soon and life gets back to whatever normal is for you.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #6
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Hope all is and stays well!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamTacO View Post
all those tests and nothing? hope you get better soon. that is a crazy ass high blood pressure. i had a 160/110 and that is stage 2 hypertension i think. something ain't right
When I left the hospital a few hours ago, it was 160/111

Yesterday morning it was 135/85. It's all over the place.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Damn dude! Hope everything works out all right!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
Nothing beats a Butter Shave..
Hipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant future

Name: Tom
Hipster's Tacoma Gallery
Good Golly. Hope all goes well and they figure out what's up.

tom
Old 09-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
WHOLEY CRAP!! I hope you get better man! Let me know if you need anything!
Old 09-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #11
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks! Hope they figure out whats going on with ya.
I wonder if your blood pressure is high because your nervous and the stress of the situation.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #12
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Did a nephrologist ever come see you? Renal artery stenosis is a large contributor of unknown hypertension but not acutely like your situation, so I'm sure the renal angiogram was normal, right?

CT normal? No mass?

Were you put on Ace inhibitors? Some meds that end in "pril"
Probably on a bunch of new meds.

Hope you feel better.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:42 PM   #13
BANNED in 49 states...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USFCON View Post
Did a nephrologist ever come see you? Renal artery stenosis is a large contributor of unknown hypertension but not acutely like your situation, so I'm sure the renal angiogram was normal, right?

CT normal? No mass?

Were you put on Ace inhibitors? Some meds that end in "pril"
Probably on a bunch of new meds.

Hope you feel better.
Gonna go pick up my meds shortly.. Ill post soon
Old 09-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
hey buddy, glad you're ok, hope it all works out.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #16
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
wishing you the best of luck!!!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:37 PM   #17
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap man! get well soon! hope they figure out what is going on.

btw. I had to watch a lumbar puncture video....

Good luck! keep us updated on what happens!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:44 PM   #18
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Yikes, feel better man.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #19
Member...?
Hank4444 will become famous soon enoughHank4444 will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
Hank4444's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man, but seriously stay on top of everything.

Don't just take what they give you, ask why your on it.
(And yes I understand his BP was elevated)

Always ask questions, and get involved with your own healthcare.

Also be glad you didn't have a stroke...

Best of luck to ya.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #20
whiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiskey101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Supply SGT
whiskey101's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you are out of the hospital. Those places are dangerous.

Seriously, I hope all the test weren't just to determine that you need blood pressure medicine. My wife's vision got screwy when her BP spiked. Her's was high like your, deadly high. She takes a little pill and all is better now. Hoping the same for you.