R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Ordered my Aero Turbine 2525 today

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered my Aero Turbine 2525 today

Just wanted to share my excitement to finally get a muffler I've been drooling over. $118 shipped and it gets put on at the end of the week. Can't wait to hear how it sounds on my truck after watching all of the vids about this model. My CAI is throaty as it is, and I'm doing the 2525 without the resonator to see how it sounds before deciding if I want to quiet it a bit.

I finally get to spend some $$ on my Tacoma!

Old 09-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery

I've also cut back on spending money on the taco so i feel you excitement when you order something new
Old 09-27-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I figure if I can't afford the coilovers and all the suspension stuff I want, I'll work with what I can.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #5

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Congrats I love my aero!
Your posts are what sold me on it. I'm going to try it without the resonator and see how it sounds at different RPMs. Exhaust work is pretty affordable if I want to go back and add an aftermarket, but I think I'll be ok with the sound.

Thanks for sharing the good info on them!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Your posts are what sold me on it. I'm going to try it without the resonator and see how it sounds at different RPMs. Exhaust work is pretty affordable if I want to go back and add an aftermarket, but I think I'll be ok with the sound.

Thanks for sharing the good info on them!
Well I am glad that I could make up your mind for you! And no worries on the info, I am here to inform and help. Anything comes up, let me know!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea Adam...congrats! Go to Performance Muffler over in Phoenix to get it installed if you haven't found a place already. Ask for Russ...he installed my FM 44 and did a little custom pipe work for only 30 bucks

Here's the addy

12011 N 19th Ave Ste#3, Phoenix, AZ‎
(602) 997-0747‎
Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
strengthcoach4 will become famous soon enoughstrengthcoach4 will become famous soon enough

Name: Ryan
strengthcoach4's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man! I have the 2525 with no res and love it!
Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
i have the 2525 with no res and its great..its really loud and has a really strange different sound from all the rest
Old 09-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #10

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Hell yea Adam...congrats! Go to Performance Muffler over in Phoenix to get it installed if you haven't found a place already. Ask for Russ...he installed my FM 44 and did a little custom pipe work for only 30 bucks

Here's the addy

12011 N 19th Ave Ste#3, Phoenix, AZ‎
(602) 997-0747‎
Thanks for the recommendation Scott. I'm actually taking it to Scottsdale Muffler because I've worked with Chris before when he had his old shop on 52nd & Thomas. He has done exhaust on 2 of my vehicles before and he does an honest job. He quoted me $30 also, plus possibly a few extra bucks for an extension to the pipe. Totally reasonable IMO.

I can't wait!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #11
SKINUM is a jewel in the roughSKINUM is a jewel in the roughSKINUM is a jewel in the roughSKINUM is a jewel in the rough
Name: Garry
SKINUM's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered the 2525 XL myself. Looking for a slight performance increase without any added sound.

If anyone is looking for this exhaust..... $119.95 on ebay shipped for the XL and standard versions. The standard version is also available for $109.95 w/free shipping through mandrelbendingsolutions.com .
Old 09-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
i wanna hear it when you get it, too see if i want the xl or not. my truck is pretty loud as is.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #13

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I'll grab the Flip video cam and see if I can capture it as it truly sounds. I know there are some other threads on here that have some video samples (memario1214 posted some good ones with a res installed) so I'll capture it without the res.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I'll grab the Flip video cam and see if I can capture it as it truly sounds. I know there are some other threads on here that have some video samples (memario1214 posted some good ones with a res installed) so I'll capture it without the res.
haha i meant in person, your one city away from me
Old 09-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #15

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
haha i meant in person, your one city away from me
Haha ok no problem. Anyone else in the east valley want to check it out in person to gauge interest let me know and we can meet up somewhere either this weekend if I get it put on in time or early next week. I also work in North Scottsdale so anywhere in between there and Gilbert is cool.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 AM   #16
francis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the rough
francis1291's Tacoma Gallery
Are the reviews good for the aero? does it sound like a pissed off bumble bee? i was thinking bout ordering one myself but i need to save some money cuz i just got my hids in yestarday putting them in this weekend. hope they make a difference.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #17
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hey and just as a gauge. My youtube page has videos of both the resonated as well as the non resonated on there. All of the in vehicle ones up to this point are non-resonated, including the under power on posted. I will try to make an under power (resonated) one here soon so that you can see my reasoning behind putting on the resonator. The videos in my sig though (if the truck has the 4 lights up front) are current.

EDIT: For anyone looking to get the AT, I suggest not getting the 2525XL. It puts you at AT's mercy as to what size resonator you have. I had a specific sound in mind when I went resonator shopping and it turns out that sound is not what the 2525XL would have provided. Just an FYI... If anyone has any more questions, just PM me. I don't want to clutter Seabass's thread here anymore than I already have
Old 09-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #18
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis1291 View Post
Are the reviews good for the aero? does it sound like a pissed off bumble bee? i was thinking bout ordering one myself but i need to save some money cuz i just got my hids in yestarday putting them in this weekend. hope they make a difference.
Well, I don't know about any "reviews" on the AT, but I have one in and I can tell you that I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get the best sound out of their Tacoma... You can use the videos in my sig as a gauge.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #19
francis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the rough
francis1291's Tacoma Gallery
hey thanks man. i prob going to order it as soon as my finals are over in college
Old 09-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Well, I don't know about any "reviews" on the AT, but I have one in and I can tell you that I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to get the best sound out of their Tacoma... You can use the videos in my sig as a gauge.
you dont have headers tho do you

Products Discussed in this Thread