R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Look what we found at work today

Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vladimir
rhavin42's Tacoma Gallery
Look what we found at work today

He scurried out of our shop and hid behind a crate. Scared the crap out of me, all I saw was movement out of the corner of my eye.

We ended up catching him and letting him go out in the desert.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
That's a healthy one. Had one that size on my back patio the other night and I was out there in bare feet and almost stepped on it. It was sitting on the tan doormat I have and I had the patio light off. Somehow I caught the movement in the dark and missed stepping directly on it.

But I'm ruthless so I smushed the motherfucker so he wouldn't end up in the house in one of my shoes.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:50 PM   #4
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
fuck that noise lol
Old 09-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
That's why I live in New England... We don't have many poisonous critters up here, just 6 months of winter!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #7
ThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedThisGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
ThisGuy's Tacoma Gallery
thats a good size bugger there. ive only seen 2 this year so far but one was bright orange and about the size of my thumbnail man it was tiny.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
Club Soda Not Seals
Mush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shedMush Mouse is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mush
Mush Mouse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhavin42 View Post
He scurried out of our shop and hid behind a crate. Scared the crap out of me, all I saw was movement out of the corner of my eye.

We ended up catching him and letting him go out in the desert.

Heres a dumb question from an East Coaster,is there an anti-venom available for scorpions? I seen Bear Grills eat one on man VS Nature after he cut off the stinger tastes like chicken.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
rhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhavin42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
That's a healthy one. Had one that size on my back patio the other night and I was out there in bare feet and almost stepped on it. It was sitting on the tan doormat I have and I had the patio light off. Somehow I caught the movement in the dark and missed stepping directly on it.

But I'm ruthless so I smushed the motherfucker so he wouldn't end up in the house in one of my shoes.

If he were at home, ya he'd be smushed. Surprisingly I've lived out here for 6 years and that's the first scorp I've ever seen. Had a snake in the house once, but never a scorpion. I still shake my shoes and pants out before I put them on just to be safe
Old 09-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #10
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Last year was the best. I caught a small diamondback rattlesnake in the same part of the backyard, so like a dumbass I caught it and put it in a reptile tank. I was hosting a monthly poker party and the kickoff to the night's events was the ceremonial feeding of the mouse. We'd all bet on 10 second blocks of time to see how long the mouse could evade getting tagged. Good times, until we were getting so drunk that we were daring each other to put our hands in the tank and grab out items before getting bitten.

Needless to say, I had to release the snake into the desert before things escalated.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #11

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mush Mouse View Post
Heres a dumb question from an East Coaster,is there an anti-venom available for scorpions? I seen Bear Grills eat one on man VS Nature after he cut off the stinger tastes like chicken.
They're basically like a bee sting - it all depends on your allergies. There's an anti-venom just like for bee stings, but usually a little Benadryl does the trick. I have been nailed twice by small scorpions and it just burns like a hot pin for a couple hours and goes away.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #12
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
My brother in law stepped on a scorpion years ago and he's still above ground. No anti venom needed. It just swelled up like mo fo for a couple of days and burned like hell.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #13

Sounds like your backyard is one step away from being part of the "creepy crawly" exhibit at the zoo
Old 09-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #14

Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhavin42 View Post
Sounds like your backyard is one step away from being part of the "creepy crawly" exhibit at the zoo
It backs up to open desert (just over the wall) so I get snakes, scorpions, tarantulas, wind scorpions (same family as the camel spider), rabbits, roadrunners, bobcats, and tons of birds. They come in under the side gate and through some of the drainage cinder blocks along the bottom of the wall. I just keep a broom handy right outside the door now.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:07 PM   #15
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up for not killing it man! Now if it were in my house i'd suggest otherwise lol!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:48 AM   #16
Chonchon is on a distinguished road

Name: Cesar
Chonchon's Tacoma Gallery
watch where you leave that thing. few years back someone caught a smaller one and put it in a cup next to the water cooler at work. it was freaking hot and i just took the cup without looking, filled it, and took a big swig. That damn scorpion was swimming in my mouth and then I spit it out. Luckily it didn't sting me.

Been stung in the leg by one of those before. Hurts like hell. Glad it wasn't inside my throat that time.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #17
red balls got me!
IamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to beholdIamTacO is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Turd chaser!!
Name: adam
IamTacO's Tacoma Gallery
went out to cook up some burgers last night on my patio and found some webs here and there. i broke out the flash light and counted 5 black widows. WTF!! i took one out with some weed killer, but its time to get the yard sprayed again
Old 09-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #18
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonchon View Post
watch where you leave that thing. few years back someone caught a smaller one and put it in a cup next to the water cooler at work. it was freaking hot and i just took the cup without looking, filled it, and took a big swig. That damn scorpion was swimming in my mouth and then I spit it out. Luckily it didn't sting me.

Been stung in the leg by one of those before. Hurts like hell. Glad it wasn't inside my throat that time.
Wow, very lucky. Its crazy how they can stay alive in water, we pull them out of the pool all the time, always alive and ready to sting.
As far as me getting stung, I have lost count of how many times, they show up in the weirdest spots.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #19
jlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shedjlvhrse is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jen
jlvhrse's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jlvhrse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
Fuck that! I'll keep my ass in NC

x2! but in VA lol