R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Phoenix Lights

Old 10-18-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Phoenix Lights

Did you of you guys see the Phoenix Lights in the late 90s?
Old 10-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
Blank
TucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TucsonMike's Tacoma Gallery
On tv I did.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
Flares deployed on the Barry Goldwater range...
Old 10-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I saw them.....I dont know what they were......
Old 10-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
Blank
TucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTucsonMike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
That is what we want you to think
Old 10-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonMike View Post
That is what we want you to think
Just a guess..remember, I'm from the Government and I'm here to help.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
Blank

Quote:
Just a guess..remember, I'm from the Government and I'm here to help.
I worked for the Government back in the mid 90's what a sweet job. Crap pay
Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats what I heard. But I saw some documentary disproving that. I don't think the military would drop flares of burning magnesium directly over the City either.

The Governor of Arizona at that time said in another documentary that he believed them to actually of intelligent life. He said he couldn't come out and say it as a high ranking official because of the publics reaction.

I didn't see them which is why I'm curious what you guys thought it was.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Thats what I heard. But I saw some documentary disproving that. I don't think the military would drop flares of burning magnesium directly over the City either.

The Governor of Arizona at that time said in another documentary that he believed them to actually of intelligent life. He said he couldn't come out and say it as a high ranking official because of the publics reaction.

I didn't see them which is why I'm curious what you guys thought it was.
I was on my way to work when I saw them. Thought they were helocopters at first, but they just sat there. It was strange.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #12
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
I think the most important aspect of this story...

Even people from outer space want to live here!
Old 10-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #13
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #14
Nothing beats a Butter Shave..
Hipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant future

Name: Tom
Hipster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
I think the most important aspect of this story...

Even people from outer space want to live here!
Ummmm....SB1070 wouldn't let them. BUT Obama would find a way to keep them here.

If they had a baby here it would be a citizen though
Old 10-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #15
Veteran Redleg

...the truth is out there
Old 10-20-2010, 10:34 PM   #16
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post
Ummmm....SB1070 wouldn't let them. BUT Obama would find a way to keep them here.

If they had a baby here it would be a citizen though
SB1070 doesn't exist, it's already beyond a bill ;p
Old 10-29-2010, 01:45 AM   #17
arizonataco has a spectacular aura aboutarizonataco has a spectacular aura aboutarizonataco has a spectacular aura about

arizonataco's Tacoma Gallery
New Member here.............

Yep, and they were flares.( on T.V.)

I went out 3 years ago to an old Ghost town called Swansea.( cool by the way)
It is 50 mile plus from the white tanks Mnts ( West side ) out in the desert and we saw the same thing. They were flares and it lasted 20 mins. It was cool.Haven't seen anything like it since.

But, I have to say a weather balloon is a neat thing as they shine like hell.I have only seen one of those.

But the best was a Fireball( a skipping meteor) over Phx. Back in 1980.
I could of swore it was and air plane on fire crashing.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #18
Air Force:
Flares do not last 20 minutes...especially those deployed from aircraft. We use flares on our helo's and they last maybe 10 seconds. The ones used on fixed wing aircraft are nearly the same....seconds not minutes.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:38 AM   #19
arizonataco has a spectacular aura aboutarizonataco has a spectacular aura aboutarizonataco has a spectacular aura about

arizonataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
Flares do not last 20 minutes...especially those deployed from aircraft. We use flares on our helo's and they last maybe 10 seconds. The ones used on fixed wing aircraft are nearly the same....seconds not minutes.
I wish I cold have filmed what I saw as with most people when they see unusual stuff.

I was with 2 other people. One was military person and other was non.
Objects were very similar to the T.V.video.Lasted 15- 20 Minutes.

We all thought the same thing. Military maneuvers of some kind.
These objects were very close to Luke Air Force Base if not over the base.

Do you live here Tacogunner?
Old 10-30-2010, 01:03 AM   #20
Rainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainman998 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0331/1391
Rainman998's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yep, I saw them on the news and they made a big deal about it then I saw the same thing later on when I worked patrol out in Gila Bend and Tonopah.