1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Firebird Tomorrow Night! 10-29-2010

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Super Werty, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Oct 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    Super Werty

Super Werty [OP] Sleeper 4x4

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Tacoma
    air and fuel
    I know a few of you have been wanting to see my truck go done the track. Well the weather is finally starting to get somewhat cool and tomorrow night will be the season starter for me:D

Not ideal weather but the low should be about 70*

I'll be there around 7-730 pm- 1130ish

Firebird Raceway in Phoenix

See ya there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkh793PwnMk

2. Oct 28, 2010 at 8:05 PM
    Taco Gunner

Taco Gunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab TRD Offroad
    Looked at some of your other videos...

Using public roads as your personal race course...not cool at all and dangerous. I drive AZ roads with my kid.

Keep that shit on the track.

3. Oct 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    I will be there tomorrow morning on the west road course in my " Street " truck, a Ford Lightning :D.
    With the weather finally cooling off a bit you should get some good times if they prep the track a bit for you.
    Best of luck out there

4. Oct 28, 2010 at 8:15 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dude calm down...no need to attack him! I understand your concern but damn :eek:

5. Oct 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM
    Taco Gunner

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    I have seen people racing on the road like they own it with total disregard for others. I have lost friends and one family member because of someone elses recklessness and bravado.

I love to drive fast and push the limits of a capable vehicle, but I won't risk others lives in the process and will do it in the proper venue.

Cool truck..but its capabilities need to be demonstrated on the track.

6. Oct 28, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    ColtsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I looked at some of the videos bud and he was the only one around on a back road it seems...I don't think its fair for you to assume that he's such an irresponsible driver :cookiemonster:

I'm sorry you've lost friend to idiots but...not everyone is a asshole

7. Oct 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    ColtsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I do agree with the truck demonstrating its full capabilities on the track though for sure

8. Oct 28, 2010 at 8:47 PM
    Taco Gunner

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    My Aunt was an EMT in rural Indiana years ago. She got a call to respond to an accident just a few miles from her house. There were two fatalities. One was the driver of a truck traveling down a rural road at well above the speed limit..racing a friend in a Camaro. They came over a small knoll just as a 16 year old girl pulled out. The two met at that intersection and died there. The boy was 17. When my aunt responded, she recognized the car as a friends. She approached the girl and immediately knew who it was. She held her until she died. She was also the one to tell her friend that her daughter had just been killed. She never did another run as an EMT.

Fast forward 10 years, same aunt gets a call from the KY State Police telling her her middle son (Danny) was in a very serious accident and they needed to get to the hospital immediately. It was a 3 hour drive. When my aunt and uncle arrived, the doc said they needed to make a choice. Danny was ejected from a truck driven by a kid who was screwing off and driving too fast. He was brain dead...and was 19. My aunt and uncle waited for Danny's three brothers to arrive to say goodbye. They spent a little time with Danny before they removed him from life support. It was two days before Christmas.

His funeral was packed and many laid baseball gear in his coffin. He was on a full ride scholarship at a large university and had a very promising career as a baseball player.

A life cut way too short because of someone else recklessness. A family robbed of a son..and a brother. I lost a cousin and a good friend. Danny was a good kid.

No one goes out thinking they are going to kill someone...but it happens way too much.

I do not think Super is an asshole...not at all. But using public roads as a track is simply irresponsible.

9. Oct 28, 2010 at 9:05 PM
    Super Werty

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Tacoma
    air and fuel
    oh geeze. hey if you have beef with speeding you are after the wrong guy. I drive like a grandma on public roads

The only video I have of speeding on a public road isnt my truck or me driving. It was out in the middle of nowhere with no one around in the wee hours of the morning.

There is a smart way to have fun and a stupid way.

My personal truck is all about legal NHRA drag racing. Dont jump to conclusions;)

10. Oct 28, 2010 at 9:13 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk

Plus even on that video it had the 1/4 mile times, so i assume that was on a track as well

11. Oct 28, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    Super Werty

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Tacoma
    air and fuel
    Any accel vids of just my speedo(like the one at the top) are all at Firebird Raceway. I will show you guys how my gopro is mounted to the gauges tomorrow night if you are interested;)

Anyways the whole speeding is bad has been beat to death a million times over now. lets get back on topic, who can go tomorrow?

12. Oct 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    I'd love to see your truck in action, but I doubt I'll be able to head over after work, maybe another week though.

Also, I agree it sucks to lose people you know to stupid things, however I see more day to day people that don't race that drive even more retarded (cell phones while doing 80mph on 347 for example, can't even stay in their lane), tail gating with inches at 80, inability to merge, park, or drive period. While yes racing is dangerous, your average speeder is typically more hyper-aware and a better overall driver than a lot of distracted people. I'm not condoning it, I just don't like it when people focus in on the 'omg you're speeding on public roads' as the worst offense ever when it's as level as the average horrible driver. Also that's just general discussion, not directed at Werty.

13. Oct 28, 2010 at 11:18 PM
    ColtsTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    agreed :cool:

14. Oct 29, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    Emanon

Emanon Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 BSP Xrunner
    AFe II, URD SS & trac bar, Sittin Sic Coils, Sways & Monos, QA1s, Dynomax VT, CC Stg III & LW Steel Flywheel, TRD BBK
    Werty's truck is such a sleeper you'd never think it'd do 60 in 4secs. WTB a URD MKII E & traction bar so I can keep up.

15. Oct 30, 2010 at 10:55 AM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    So what did it run?
    I need details MPH, 1/4 time, 60' ect.!!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top